prices not updating?
Posted by shinteetah

I have three workshops not yet submitted because I'm having trouble with the pricing.

They are WKS events which each show a Gen Con base price of $0. When I add an additional fee, the final price does not update and still shows $0.

Our other events updated normally and have been submitted.

Can anyone give me some help? Thank you!

Posted by mikeboozer shinteetah

shinteetah wrote:
I have three workshops not yet submitted because I'm having trouble with the pricing.
They are WKS events which each show a Gen Con base price of $0. When I add an additional fee, the final price does not update and still shows $0.

Please contact [email protected]

Posted by derekguder shinteetah

shinteetah wrote:

You'll want to email us the game IDs at [email protected] so we can review the events, but WKS events should have a price, so if it's listed as $0 currently, chances are you've selected some other option that would normally wipe the price (and prevent you from adding an additional fee), such as submitting it for Wednesday or selecting "invite only," so you'll want to double-check those details, just in case.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by shinteetah derekguder

derekguder wrote:
shinteetah wrote:

You'll want to email us the game IDs at [email protected] so we can review the events, but WKS events should have a price, so if it's listed as $0 currently, chances are you've selected some other option that would normally wipe the price (and prevent you from adding an additional fee), such as submitting it for Wednesday or selecting "invite only," so you'll want to double-check those details, just in case.-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Thanks! It does not appear that I have invalidating options -- I actually started these as duplicates from other events which have been successfully submitted -- so I'll email for a personal look. Thank you!

Posted by doublegold

About these price updatings. I put on a few and it says Gen con Base pricing is suppose to be 2.00, but instead it is showing Gen con base pricing of 4.00 for my games, what gives? I have them listed under RPGs 4 hour sessions.

Posted by roderick doublegold

doublegold wrote:
About these price updatings. I put on a few and it says Gen con Base pricing is suppose to be 2.00, but instead it is showing Gen con base pricing of 4.00 for my games, what gives? I have them listed under RPGs 4 hour sessions.

Gen Con did not update the software from their regular event pricing (for hopefully a one-time con). The events should be re-priced when they are reviewed. 

Posted by shinteetah shinteetah

shinteetah wrote:
derekguder wrote:
shinteetah wrote:

You'll want to email us the game IDs at [email protected] so we can review the events, but WKS events should have a price, so if it's listed as $0 currently, chances are you've selected some other option that would normally wipe the price (and prevent you from adding an additional fee), such as submitting it for Wednesday or selecting "invite only," so you'll want to double-check those details, just in case.-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Thanks! It does not appear that I have invalidating options -- I actually started these as duplicates from other events which have been successfully submitted -- so I'll email for a personal look. Thank you!

Just checking in again. I sent the email with situation and IDs on June 19, but I haven't had any response. Thanks.

Posted by derekguder

Following up via email for specific questions is more reliable than the forums - I'd reply to your email, but we are going through events as quickly as we can.

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by shinteetah derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Following up via email for specific questions is more reliable than the forums - I'd reply to your email, but we are going through events as quickly as we can.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here. I did not receive a response by email, which is why I posted again here. You recommended to follow up again by email, which is fine, but immediately followed it with the fact that you're not responding to emails. 

I get that there's a scramble to adapt, sure! I am trying to be efficient on my end and not need hand-holding, but I can't get these 3 events to format properly.

UPDATE: I flung them into the system one more time and they magically seem to have worked! They are now listed as SR. Not sure what the difference was, unless they just had a minimum quota of forum posts to make them happy and cooperative. I hope the prices come through properly on the back end. :)

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi Shinteetah,

I'm honestly not 100% sure what's going on with the emails you sent; I have nothing from you either in the events email box, or my personal email box; if you could try to email both just so we can see if there's some issue with those, let me know; but I know I've received emails from you before, looks like the last one I have is in 2018. ,I'm sorry if the Events inbox is eating them, but I really don't see them.

Also, I'm not 100% percent sure what the issue is with your events; but I just went and looked at all the edit history now, and they correctly had a cost; but that cost did not update until they were changed from an "In Progress" status to a "submitted for review" status; I'm wondering if maybe that was the issue, that you didn't realize they were still in progress and not submitted?  That would explain the cost being 0.0 from Gen Con, as it wouldn't calculate that until the event was actually submitted.

Anyhow, let us know if there is any problem with them now, and absolutely feel free to email me personally to discuss this matter further; we definitely want to make sure there's not some larger problem with the system we aren't aware of.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by shinteetah

I've been sending emails to the [email protected] address. I did just get a response to a different email today, so hopefully things are working again!

Ordinarily I'd be prepared to own that I might just be doing it wrong :) but the rest of the events (free and paid) went in as I expected, and it was just these three which were different. I kept them IP rather than submit with the wrong info, while I submitted the others. I don't know what was going on -- but I am totally prepared to just throw up my hands and blame 2020 in general!

It looks like everything is good now. Thank you! :)

New Post Sign in to write a new post.