Storage Space for SPA classes?
Posted by usthibodeaux

Hi! I taught 2 SPA classes last year (jewelry making crafts) and have submitted for 5 classes this year. I have my classes set up so that I have some time in between so I can have a little break, grab some food, and catch my breath, and I am wondering if there is somewhere that I can safely stash my supplies. Since I have to carry a multitude of heavy hammers, steel blocks, tools, etc. lugging them around seems insane, not to mention a little dangerous. And this year I was unable to get a close hotel so that is not an option. I know VIGs have a place where they an stow their things and I am wondering if there is a similar place for GMs. Last year it felt pretty safe to pack up and leave things in the corner of the craft room but I don't know if that is against any rules. Thanks!

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi, I'm marimacc and I run the SPA program.

There is no place for GMs to stash stuff.  If we provide it for SPA people, we'd have to provide it for every GM, and we just don't have that space.

I know SPA people have a lot of stuff.  People often ask me if they can leave stuff in a corner or under a table in the craft room.  What I tell them all is that while I know people do that, I cannot guarantee the safety of anything left in there.  If there's someone in there you know working on a craft, and you can ask them to watch a couple of bags for you, that's between you guys.  I also can't have that room become a storage room either.  But I'm not going to prevent someone from leaving something in there.  I just won't guarantee its safety.

Posted by usthibodeaux marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Hi, I'm marimacc and I run the SPA program.
There is no place for GMs to stash stuff.  If we provide it for SPA people, we'd have to provide it for every GM, and we just don't have that space.
I know SPA people have a lot of stuff.  People often ask me if they can leave stuff in a corner or under a table in the craft room.  What I tell them all is that while I know people do that, I cannot guarantee the safety of anything left in there.  If there's someone in there you know working on a craft, and you can ask them to watch a couple of bags for you, that's between you guys.  I also can't have that room become a storage room either.  But I'm not going to prevent someone from leaving something in there.  I just won't guarantee its safety.
That's too bad but certainly understandable. Thank you!

Posted by vutpakdi

For a couple of years, some of the MHE instructors got together to rent a lockable cage from the convention center, but the cost became prohibitive ($300, up from $150) last year.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.