SR - Submitted for Review
Posted by hendelbolaf

I posted two events at the deadline on March 14th just before Midnight Central Time and they are still showing as submitted for review. Should I be concerned?

I have made some slight changes to them since they were still open but I am wondering if they will be approved before Sunday. I am hoping that they are just going through the events and will get to them and approve them this week so folks can search the listings for them once they are posted.

They are Pathfinder games and I hope to fill the table with players like I did last year. 

Thanks!

Posted by derekguder

All Gen Con deadlines are Eastern time, so your events would be late and processed when we have a chance to get to them.

Please submit your events earlier in the future.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by hendelbolaf

Okay, no worries, I thought it might be a time zone issue. I would have submitted the events earlier, but I was not even planning on attending let alone running so I did not know until that very evening what I was going to do.

I will go ahead and buy tickets for events during those time slots and return them if my events are approved.

I do not need to run, I just do it as I know Gen Con is always looking for more events like this, so I figure I will do my part.

When is the catalog actually sent to be published?

Thanks!

Posted by stirilngjoyner

Related question -- I submitted some events around a week before the deadline and they still haven't been reviewed. I'm wondering what the final status of my events is likely to be. Will they get put up for registration and if so, when?

Posted by marimaccadmin

All events will be looked at eventually; check your EO/GM dashboard to see if there's an issue noted there.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder

Your events were submitted in May - the deadline was March 14.

They will be reviewed and processed when we are able to go through late events.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by hendelbolaf derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Your events were submitted in May - the deadline was March 14.
They will be reviewed and processed when we are able to go through late events.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
Sorry, but they were actually submitted on March 14th and I have a time stamp of March 14th, 2016, 11:58 on an email reply from Gen Con stating that they were submitted for review so I have no idea where you are getting the May date.

I did, however, go through and make some adjustments as they had not yet posted because it says that you can still make changes until they are accepted. That should not change the submitted date for the event.

Anyway, at this point I have registered for other events at that time and will probably not run them. I was going to run them as a way to give back to the con as I mentioned previously not because it was worth getting my badge reimbursed or anything, but because I know there is usually a shortage of popular games like Pathfinder.

No skin off my back, but a loss for Gen Con I guess...

Posted by derekguder

hendelbolaf, I was replying to thmanslayr, sorry I didn't make that clear.

For your events, they were submitted 2016/03/15 12:58 AM - remember everything is in Eastern time, so if you got in just before midnight but you're further west, those events were late and we'll deal with them as soon as we can.

If you want to cancel your events, send an email to [email protected] to confirm.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.