E-Ticketing Information for Event Organizers
Gen Con is increasing our Electronic Ticketing initiative for 2019 and are looking for EOs who are interested!
Electronic Ticketing, or “E-Ticketing,” is Gen Con’s initiative to level up the event ticketing experience. Instead of collecting paper tickets for events, Event Organizers/Hosts (EOs) simply scan the badge of the attendees for e-ticketed events and you’re done!
What You’ll Need
To participate in electronic ticketing, you’ll need to have …
- Either a late model iOS or Android phone with the Gen Con mobile app
- And/or a computer with a USB barcode scanner capable of scanning “Code39” barcodes
- Free Wifi is available in the ICC Event Halls, and Stadium
The location of your event may prohibit your ability to participate in the E-Ticketing program this year.
The Gen Con mobile app can redeem E-Ticketing when internet access is slow or temporarily disrupted but will need to be connected in order to sell tickets.
How It Works
E-Tickets are purchased the same way as paper tickets. But instead of being printed, mailed, collected, and then returned, the “ticket” is stored electronically in the attendee’s account and is associated with their Gen Con badge. You, as EO, admit attendees to your events by scanning their badge rather than collecting paper tickets.
How Will It Affect You / Your Hosting Experience?
Scanning badges only takes a few seconds although more time than collecting paper tickets. Having multiple people scanning badges/collecting E-Tickets (E-Ticketmasters) makes the process faster and is recommended if you have a lot of attendees and a lot of events happening at the same time.
Gen Con will offer the following ...
- Training (pre-show and an onsite review)
- Onsite support team
Additional Benefits for EOs
- Sell tickets to eligible attendees
- Issue complementary tickets / oversell your event to replace attendees that don't show
- Access realtime event attendance data
- E-Ticketmasters can use the same account and/or scan for the same event at the same time
- No organizing and returning tickets after your event
- Can still accept paper tickets from other events or generics as before (but you’ll need to collect and turn those ticket in at conclusion of your events)
For more information about the program, please refer to our E-Ticketing FAQ.