2023 VIG Lottery
Posted by joe1999

Hi.  Has the 2023 VIG been finalized yet? 

Posted by quarex

I have not seen anyone loudly celebrating getting one so probably not.

Posted by helenbb

Current VIGs have until January 13 to confirm that they are still interested in the badge, so my guess is that the lottery will be done shortly after that point.

Posted by quarex

They may still be offering VIGs for a while after the renewal period, depending on whether the people selected end up actually buying the badges.  Sounds unlikely, but I ended up getting mine in May, so clearly they had already been through a lot of people, though I believe 2021 was an outlier.

Posted by grognard262 helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Current VIGs have until January 13 to confirm that they are still interested in the badge, so my guess is that the lottery will be done shortly after that point.

I don't think that is quite right.  My email says:

"If you are no longer interested in being a VIG please let us know by January 13th so we can offer it to another attendee!"

I don't think VIGs need to confirm anything if they are still interested.  They just need to buy their badge when available.  The 13th is a deadline to give up your VIG and have it still be available for someone else in 2023.

online
Posted by austicke

There is often multiple rounds of people being offered the opportunity to buy VIG badges.

Posted by wolverine789

Am I reading this correctly? Current VIG's have to confirm that they want to keep their VIG ticket?
 

online
Posted by austicke wolverine789

wolverine789 wrote:Am I reading this correctly? Current VIG's have to confirm that they want to keep their VIG ticket? 

They confirm on January 29 when they buy their VIG badge. If you're not going to renew, please let Mike know by the 13th.

Posted by wolverine789 austicke

austicke wrote:
wolverine789 wrote:Am I reading this correctly? Current VIG's have to confirm that they want to keep their VIG ticket? 

They confirm on January 29 when they buy their VIG badge. If you're not going renew, please let Mike know by the 13th.

Sorry about the confusion and thank you so much for the clarification.

Posted by mikeboozer grognard262

grognard262 wrote:
helenbb wrote:
Current VIGs have until January 13 to confirm that they are still interested in the badge, so my guess is that the lottery will be done shortly after that point.

I don't think that is quite right.  My email says:"If you are no longer interested in being a VIG please let us know by January 13th so we can offer it to another attendee!"
I don't think VIGs need to confirm anything if they are still interested.  They just need to buy their badge when available.  The 13th is a deadline to give up your VIG and have it still be available for someone else in 2023.

You do not need to tell me that you are returning as a VIG. I only want to know if you longer want to be a VIG by the 13th so I can offer up more spots to the new VIG's.

Makes sense?

Mike

Posted by helenbb

Yes, I apologize for wording it improperly. I was merely trying to convey to those entering 5ge lottery that they would likely not hear before the 14th, and possibly later than that.

Posted by michaelclayborn
#12

[This post has been removed]

Posted by ceceliajackson

I also want to join this lottery contest this is closed or not?

online
Posted by austicke ceceliajackson

ceceliajackson wrote:I also want to join this lottery contest this is closed or not?

It closed in December. It opens for Gen Con 2024 in November.

Posted by quarex

I would be shocked if that post was legitimate but I do have to agree it was the first time an Spammer has tried to match the subject of the thread here and been at all successful in crafting a plausible response.  Now if only 99% of "firstnamelastname" posts were not Spam they would really be onto something 

Posted by roderick quarex

quarex wrote:
I would be shocked if that post was legitimate but I do have to agree it was the first time an Spammer has tried to match the subject of the thread here and been at all successful in crafting a plausible response.  Now if only 99% of "firstnamelastname" posts were not Spam they would really be onto something 

According to our investigation, it is a valid account and not a spammer; it just looks like it.

(Yes, we do investigate accounts to see if they were created today, never posted before, etc.). 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

 

Posted by quarex

It certainly makes sense that you can see how old an account is even though it is not shown publicly.

Also to keep this post on the overall subject, not sure if they would answer this, but I wonder when the cutoff for informing new VIGs is?  Surely they would want to only invite people when they still had time to get into the lottery before the main group.

Posted by kiyote

If you've entered the lottery, but did not "win", do you need to re-enter in November or do you remain on the list of people interested in being part of the lottery?

online
Posted by austicke kiyote

kiyote wrote:If you've entered the lottery, but did not "win", do you need to re-enter in November or do you remain on the list of people interested in being part of the lottery?

You need to re-enter.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.