How to buy generic tickets?
Posted by fromper

Stupid question, but how do you buy generic event tickets? I usually only schedule a few specific events, and leave lots of time to wander the vendor hall and/or walk into random events, many of which will take generics. But I'm not seeing where to purchase the generics in advance, while buying the event tickets today.

Posted by austicke

You wait until they go on sale. Soon.

Posted by fromper

I assumed they'd be on sale at the same time as the event tickets. When do they go on sale, and where do you find that information?

Posted by austicke

Gen Con holds off on the generics until their systems catches up with all the wishlist processing. You'll see a button become available on the event catalog sometime this afternoon.

Posted by austicke

Generic tickets are now available.

Posted by alleyb

I’m taking my two teenagers with me. Do I have to buy generic tickets for each of them (i.e. doing 3 different checkouts) or can I buy all the generic tickets on my account and then just “pay” for their activities as they find games/activities they want to do?

Posted by austicke alleyb

alleyb wrote:
I’m taking my two teenagers with me. Do I have to buy generic tickets for each of them (i.e. doing 3 different checkouts) or can I buy all the generic tickets on my account and then just “pay” for their activities as they find games/activities they want to do?

The latter. The name on generics doesn’t matter.

Posted by armadilloal

Unless I missed something, teenagers aren't going to have under-10 child wristbands.

Posted by lordfluff132

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.