Unofficial off-site Participating Bars and Restaurants (Gimme dat swag!)
Posted by thewhistlestopindy aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:
thewhistlestopindy wrote:The Whistle Stop in Indy would love to have you all. Feel free to reach out with any ideas 
Are you all the one on Illinois, across from the bus station? If so, and if your biscuits and gravy portions are as big as they are in that menu photo, you may not have to do anything special! Holy jeebus, that's hugemongous. 
we are across from the bus station! All of our portions are good sized! Try the hot honey biscuits and gravy for a game changer! 

Posted by aldctjoc thewhistlestopindy

thewhistlestopindy wrote:thank you for the info! Much appreciated 

You're welcome. Glad to help. 
thewhistlestopindy wrote:we are across from the bus station! All of our portions are good sized! Try the hot honey biscuits and gravy for a game changer! 

I'll have you know you're killing me here. I don't live in Indy, but that pic makes me want to drive up just to eat! 

Just absolutely killing me. Near death now. ;) 

Posted by aldctjoc aldctjoc

[This post has been removed]

Posted by aldctjoc aldctjoc

Posted by armored badger thewhistlestopindy

thewhistlestopindy wrote:The Whistle Stop in Indy would love to have you all. Feel free to reach out with any ideas 

If you can get a hold on some kegs of the Gen Con beer, that would also help out ;)

Posted by hahnarama rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
Doesn't Gen Con have a good relationship with Visit Indy, the Indianapolis tourist bureau?
Shouldn't Visit Indy be telling local businesses what a good opportunity this is?
I feel like there could be so much better coordination and communication here.
Maybe Visit Indy is just asleep at the switch.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Posted by hahnarama

First off I'm not here to tell anyone they are wrong. I'm just trying to understand what the fascination with a free die or an overpriced t shirt is. For me it's more important if I can slip out of the hall mid day for a late lunch. Grab a good sandwich a beer, or 3, and then be back gaming in 45-60 minutes. 

I get it. Gen Con is different for everyone . I envision GC  as a d1,000,000. We all view it via a different facet but we are still looking at the same thing. 

GAME ON! 

Posted by tinygrasshopper armored badger

armored badger wrote:

If you can get a hold on some kegs of the Gen Con beer, that would also help out ;)
What is the beer this year and who’s brewing it?

Posted by hahnarama

Hive Mind

Always Sun King

Posted by thewhistlestopindy tinygrasshopper

tinygrasshopper wrote:
armored badger wrote:

What is the beer this year and who’s brewing it?
it’s always a SunKing product. Unfortunately, we don’t have a very good relationship with them, but we will try to get a keg for GenCon

Posted by tinygrasshopper hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
Hive Mind
Always Sun King

Thought SunKing sounded familiar. Haven’t been in over a decade so I wasn’t sure if they were still the HBIC (Head Brewers In Charge haha)

Posted by rutherfordr thewhistlestopindy

thewhistlestopindy wrote:
The Whistle Stop in Indy would love to have you all. Feel free to reach out with any ideas 

To be honest, when we walk past The Whistle Stop it doesn't look like it's a very welcoming place for people at Gen Con.

It looks like it's probably a nice place for locals, and probably sports fans, too, but there's nothing on the outside or in the window that says that we'd be welcome there when we come to Indianapolis for Gen Con.

Just my two cents!

Posted by raptorov

Well, a big Ticket to Ride banner, and Railways of the World sessions, maybe a bunch of sessions of various titles, and the Whistle Stop is a train game HQ!!!

Posted by quarex

Haha, that is brilliant Raptorov.  And yeah it does not take much for it to immediately look welcoming, I remember Claddagh once just had someone freehand Pac-Man and WELCOME GEN-CON in the window and that got the point across just fine

Posted by kiyote thewhistlestopindy

The Whistle Stop in Indy would love to have you all. Feel free to reach out with any ideas 

For what it's worth - this statement alone is enough to get me out to try The Whistle Stop.  The fact that you give a crap about Gen Con and are interested in us visiting says a lot.  Count me in for a visit while I'm in for Gen Con this year.

Posted by ungmar9567 kiyote

kiyote wrote:

For what it's worth - this statement alone is enough to get me out to try The Whistle Stop.  The fact that you give a crap about Gen Con and are interested in us visiting says a lot.  Count me in for a visit while I'm in for Gen Con this year.
I agree! Just the fact that the Whistle Stop shows enough interest in us to post on a Gen Con forum is nice. I already mentioned the Whistle Stop to my group as a place to visit.

Posted by kissingeralison

We're excited to announce that Social Cantina will be joining the festivities at GenCon with our themed days! Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure as we revamp our entire menu and introduce delightful featured cocktails, accompanied by an abundance of swag. Join us on Thursday for an intergalactic experience with our Star Trek-themed day, delve into the realms of Dungeons, Sonic, and Mario on Friday, embrace the force on Saturday with our Star Wars extravaganza, and channel your inner superhero on Sunday. Plus, don't miss our movie marathon showings that perfectly align with each day's theme.

Posted by kissingeralison kiyote

kiyote wrote:

We're excited to announce that Social Cantina will be joining the festivities at GenCon with our themed days! Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure as we revamp our entire menu and introduce delightful featured cocktails, accompanied by an abundance of swag. Join us on Thursday for an intergalactic experience with our Star Trek-themed day, delve into the realms of Dungeons, Sonic, and Mario on Friday, embrace the force on Saturday with our Star Wars extravaganza, and channel your inner superhero on Sunday. Plus, don't miss our movie marathon showings that perfectly align with each day's theme.

Posted by kissingeralison zaphod

zaphod wrote:
Unfortunately, the two places that got heavily involved in Gen Con (The RAM and Scotty's Brewhouse) have both closed. Since then most of the nearby places just do food specials; they haven't been involved much with themes, sponsors, and swag like the RAM and Scotty's Brewhouse used to.
Social Cantina and The Tap are both participating! Social Cantina is RIGHT around the corner! They are redesigning their menu and will have merch!!!!

Posted by helenbb

That sounds like as lot of fun! Is there an address/map for Social Cantina? I've never heard of it.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post