Game Storage?
Posted by god1801

I'm sure this has been asked but is there a place or service to store the games/items you've bought until you're ready to leave for the night? 

Posted by donaldbain

No, there is not.

Posted by rayken

Unfortunately one of the primary reasons downtown and connected hotels are in such high demand is because of easy access to the room for game storage.

Posted by trace_sl

A person could make a killing with a locker truck, charge by the hour, with limited size of storage.  :) 

Hey, Gen Con staff...there is an idea!  A room, storage boxes, numbered and either charge a flat fee.   

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes, a package check room has come up many times.  Aside from any liability issues, and staffing needs, to have any meaningful impact, that is, to be able to serve even a small percentage of attendees, this would take away significant space from gaming, which is really not something I think any of us want.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by monkeyknifefight

You have two options really.
Take it back to the hotel or take it back to your car.

Posted by crusader77

Or Carry a large backpack

Posted by crusader77

I try to spread out how I purchase things so that I don't have to carry too much with me at any time. Though if you park in a parking ramp or something similar, it should be fine to store in there for the day. Ive done it with no problems.

Posted by alans

Or bring one of those huge rolling suitcases and drag it around behind you, with no regard for other people.  If you do this, be sure to leave it out in the middle of the path behind you as you randomly stop to look at something in the dealer hall, or to check your texts.
<Sarcasm Off>
:)

Posted by god1801

thank you all for this info.

Posted by brotherbock alans

alans wrote:
Or bring one of those huge rolling suitcases and drag it around behind you, with no regard for other people.  If you do this, be sure to leave it out in the middle of the path behind you as you randomly stop to look at something in the dealer hall, or to check your texts.
<Sarcasm Off>

I say hire porters instead. Plenty of homeless folks panhandling downtown. Pay for a badge for one of them, a days meals, and a reasonable wage to have him carry your games. 

Posted by klaron alans

alans wrote:
<Sarcasm Off>
Perhaps this will be the year of bring a mule to tow behind a person?  Suitcases and wagons are so passe'

We totally agree with you.  I can forgive the 'stink' and crowded halls, but seriously, if you are towing a wagon or suitcase you have now doubled your area of effect.  Not cool.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.