Question about Family day
Posted by crispyzombie

Hi,
We have not come in a few years because we had moved to southern Texas and with four little kids it just did not seem feasible. Now we are back to being only three hours away.
We are thinking about bringing ourselves and our children for Family Fun Day to get them introduced to GenCon. We are trying to figure it out though. I have a few questions.

1. Is it 45 dollars for us? We have two Adults 2 10 year olds, a two year old, and a three year old. Is this 45 for all of us or 45 each?
2. The great hall closes at 4 on Sunday Correct? Is there any events after it closes or does the whole convention cease at 4 on Sunday?
3. Are strollers allowed?
4. Are rolling bags allowed?

I appreciate any help on this.

Also, when I DID try to buy tickets for the family Fun pass I clicked it then it dropped down to chose a name. The only name that showed was my own. I clicked my name and it told me that I could not purchase it. What do I need to do? It appears that my account is crossed with my company account now and my husband does not remember any of his login information for his account.

Thank you!

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes, that would be $45; the 2 and 3 year olds do not need badges, just child wristbands.

The convention closes down at 4pm; there are no events on Sunday after it closes; you can probably find pick up games in most hotel lobbies however.

Strollers and rolling bags are allowed, but there are significant crowds, so please be mindful that you are not blocking a right of way for someone.

Here's more info about allocating those badges for Family Fun Day:

http://www.gencon.com/attend/familyfun

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by crispyzombie

Hi,
Thank you for the answer. I am still getting the same error when I click my name under the Family option.
Could it have to do with this? If so what do I need to do to move forward?

Thanks

NOTICE: You are purchasing badges on behalf of your organization. These purchases will not show up in your personal transaction history. They will be shown on the organization's transaction history.

Posted by crispyzombie

HI,
I was never able to purchase badges for the Family day through the system. Are their plenty left if we show up at 7 am tomorrow to get them?

Thanks

Posted by austicke crispyzombie

crispyzombie wrote:I was never able to purchase badges for the Family day through the system. Are their plenty left if we show up at 7 am tomorrow to get them?

I would think you'll be fine. Or just purchase online now pick them up from will call.

Posted by crispyzombie

I have been trying for over a month to get them but I get the same error in the system every time. Any help I ask for just gives me the same set of instructions rather than listening to the issue. I guess we will just drive up and hope for the best. Thanks!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.