Video game room
Posted by god1801

what room are all the old console video games in???

Posted by rodoubleb

Wow was the arcade cabinet room disappointing this year.  

Posted by the chronek

I liked the arcade room. They had a few multi-game cabinets, but one of them wasn't working when I was there. Four bucks for an hour of revisiting classic arcade games is a pretty good deal. Super Pac Man, hooray!

Posted by aldctjoc

I dunno... I think they need a wider variety of games. Granted, there's not much room in room 140, but between that and the hallway to the stadium, the involved groups should be able to provide a better selection than what we got.

Posted by utherpend

Having to pay for games, really??

Posted by daveculp

I thought it was great also!  I used it to kill time when I needed to.

Posted by rogersba aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:
I dunno... I think they need a wider variety of games. Granted, there's not much room in room 140, but between that and the hallway to the stadium, the involved groups should be able to provide a better selection than what we got.

If you've got suggestions on titles you would have enjoyed, please post them and I'll pass the feedback on. The guys did their best at picking a mix that would entertain, and I know they made sure to have Gauntlet Legends on site.

Please keep in mind, it's not like they had every game in history to choose from. It's a collector hobby, with its share of commons and rares. This wasn't like an arcade con where attendees bring their own machines to share...it was one operator's collection.

Posted by rogersba utherpend

utherpend wrote:
Having to pay for games, really??
Most games (video, card, board, etc.) at Gen Con cost money outside the Dealer Hall. Moving the cabinets to the ICC costs money, as does keeping them running.

Posted by qwaserity

The video game room was very full every time I looked in. Played Saturday night but there were people who just hogged a machine. Play a credit and let the guys standing behind take a play.

The games in the hallway were an excellent addition to Gencon and I hope that they come back next year with a vengeance.

Posted by aaronmlopez rogersba

rogersba wrote:
aldctjoc wrote:

If you've got suggestions on titles you would have enjoyed, please post them and I'll pass the feedback on. The guys did their best at picking a mix that would entertain, and I know they made sure to have Gauntlet Legends on site.Please keep in mind, it's not like they had every game in history to choose from. It's a collector hobby, with its share of commons and rares. This wasn't like an arcade con where attendees bring their own machines to share...it was one operator's collection.
Not sure if this is your domain or not, but I would suggest using the X-Arcade machines to provide a wider variety of games as well as to allow multiples of each game if necessary. It may be a bit more expensive, but exchanging a machine or two a year may make it more affordable. 

Posted by daveculp

I believe the X-Arcade machines cannot be used in a commercial environment.  I have one and posted in the their FAQ is this:

"This machine MAY NOT BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES - NO VENDING - NO ACCEPTING COINS FOR PLAY"

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.