Trade Day Badge
Posted by brewski

What information do I need to provide to apply for for a four day Trade Day badges?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Here's the info from last year, as far as I know it's the same:

Please note that this programming is only open to educators, student teachers, librarians, distributors, and hobby retailers.

*All Trade Day badges require that you submit proof of employment (examples include most recent transcripts, a business license, business cards, copy of pay stub, or a workplace ID card).Refunds for purchased badges will not be given if proper documentation is not submitted.

Posted by ryric

You can just buy the badge at registration like normal, then expect an email asking for confirmation. I just email a scan of my school staff ID and that suffices.

Posted by helenbb

Ryic is correct. I was in your situation last year (attending GenCon with a Trade Day badge for the first time and looking for information). You buy the badge normally in registration, then you will be contacted regarding providing ID to confirm your qualifications. I was able to scan my work ID and send it in, and that was considered sufficient.

Posted by brewski

Cool. Thanks everyone. I figured I had to pre-aprove the info. Guess not.

Posted by helenbb brewski

steven_crouch wrote:
Cool. Thanks everyone. I figured I had to pre-aprove the info. Guess not.

I thought the same thing last year and actually emailed GenCon in advance to check it out. They told me not to worry, that they'd conact me after I bought the badge.

Posted by kaledor

How about something for Veterans?  Trade Day badge for those guys!

Cheers,
Arneson

Posted by helenbb kaledor

kaledor wrote:
How about something for Veterans?  Trade Day badge for those guys!
Cheers,
Arneson

The Trade Day badge is not a discount. It costs more, because it includes an exztra day of programming for educators and retailers. Honestly, I don't think most of the seminars would be interesting to people not in those areas. For example, the most interesting seminar I attended last Trade Day was about how to design your course syllabus to make it similar to earning points in a game, to better motivate students to want to earn a good grade. I honestly cant see how this would interest people not in the education field.

Posted by vickers1

I work at an Early Years Center as an Parent Support Worker in Ontario and my background is Child and Youth Worker. Would this qualify me for a Trade Pass?

Posted by marimaccadmin vickers1

vickers1 wrote:
I work at an Early Years Center as an Parent Support Worker in Ontario and my background is Child and Youth Worker. Would this qualify me for a Trade Pass?
I don't know what that means.  Are you a teacher?

Posted by helenbb vickers1

vickers1 wrote:

I would check with GenCon directly. The person who handled Trade Day last year was Megan Culver. You could try emailing her and explaining your position to see if she thinks your qualify. She is very patient, kind and gracious and will give an honest assessment.

[email protected]

Posted by vickers1 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
vickers1 wrote:
I don't know what that means.  Are you a teacher?
As an Parent Support Worker I help parents find the resources they need in the region that I live in such as workshops run by public health, mental health support and day care information.  But as an Child and Youth Worker I did instruction in social skills and self regulation.  Also I did in class support with students with exceptionalities and special needs.  Technically it is not a teacher but certainly I have worked in the classroom in support of teachers and their students.

Posted by vickers1 helenbb

helenbb wrote:
vickers1 wrote:

I would check with GenCon directly. The person who handled Trade Day last year was Megan Culver. You could try emailing her and explaining your position to see if she thinks your qualify. She is very patient, kind and gracious and will give an honest [email protected]
Thanks I appreiciate it

Posted by brewski

I actually decided to NOT do trade day badge. I wont be able to maximize its usfullness of getting in the exhibit hall an hour early on Thursday. Regular attendee badge for me.

Posted by helenbb

The extra hour in the exhibit hall is nice, but it's not the point. The point is the day of special programming on Wednesday.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.