Ideas for HABA Children's Game Events?
Posted by csmead

It has been awesome reading all of these responses and posts.  Derek - let's try to talk on Monday as I will be at the Nurnberg Toy Fair all next week. If we don't connect tomorrow let's plan a call for the following week!
Lea Culliton
HABA USA 

Posted by derekguder

Sure - just shoot an email or give me a ring when you have a chance :)

Enjoy Toy Fair!

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jaywhyewe

I second the idea of demo tables. HABA games are so fun that passers-by will see people playing games like Animal Upon Animal or Dancing Eggs and can learn to play simply by watching.

If you want to entertain the kids while giving parents time to shop, maybe have a craft table? One suggestion is for kids to crayon color picures of HABA game characters. Simple and easy and gives mom or dad a little time to browse the merchandise.

Posted by bakermouse10133 derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Speaking of a "family game block" in general, I'm curious what people think about Sunday events. This is something I think would be a perfect fit for Family Fun Day: take a block of space and fill it with games that work well for families to play together. Could work well with local Indy families coming in to attend, too.
What do folks think? I'm specifically curious how many of the really die-hard attendees coming with families would attend a Sunday event as opposed to a game night earlier in the convention.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
I am a Indy local, I would love to have something specific to sign my daughter up for on Family day. Took her last year and the wandering around aimlessly was a bit much for her. Something in a quiet (as opposed to the vendor hall) enviroment to play games with kids her age would be fantastic. We would not attend a thursday or friday event because school is already in sesson when Gen con comes to town. Last year I had that problem, a few of the events (LARP for kids, playdough battle, fairy wing building) were only offered during the week.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.