Event List Errors
(Pinned)
Posted by marimaccadmin

This is where you want to post if you find an ERROR in the event list; say, a game is running 16 hours, or it looks like the title and the description don't agree, or it seems like the price is wrong, that sort of thing.

Please note that NOT HAVING A LOCATION is NOT AN ERROR.  Not yet.  We'll let you know when that's an issue.  Nor is just having as a location "ICC" an issue, yet.  What would be an error location now would be if you saw a location that was clearly incorrect, such as ICC, Senate II (Senate II being a room in the Westin), or possibly, if you notice two events in the same room at the same time.

So if you find anything that appears to be an error, please do let us know here so we can take a look at it and fix it if need be.

Posted by dancer_chika

The event catalog link is broken. It's raising a 404 error.

Posted by marimaccadmin

It will not be active until noon.

Posted by dancer_chika marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
It will not be active until noon.
Oh duh! Thanks!!!

Posted by beckydress

Hi, my location is listed as "Location: Union Station :: Wabash." (LRP1687515) I thought that Wabash was in the ICC, so could this be in error?  I'm a first time GM, so apologies if I have this wrong.

Posted by derekguder

There's a Wabash in the Union Station as well - certain names are very popular around the Indy area.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by beckydress

Thanks for the clarification, Derek!

Posted by armadilloal

https://www.gencon.com/events/90483

Gamers Live IN SPACE!!! is listed as both starting and ending at 12:00 PM on Saturday.

EDIT: The "Premier Seating" tickets for this event appear to show the correct time.

Posted by jeannette

Thanks for the catch. The error has now been fixed. 

Posted by oghmagod

The Death to Jeopardy trade day events are listed on Thursday. I hope this isn't an error, because the 1:00 Wednesday space has great choices already, but since trade day has its own day, I thought it might be weird.

Posted by faxboy66

The event ordering is off in some places.  Look at Island of Misfit Events, Event Title Starting with P, for example.  Where the events have the same name (Pitch Your Game) the ordering should then be by day, then time (I'm assuming).  It's ordered randomly, or by some key we can't see.  With this example, some Sunday times come before Thursday, and then later Thursday appears after Sunday.

Posted by derekguder

That's not strictly an error with the events, that's just a display oddity.

Unfortunately, the event search doesn't sort based on day or time by default (thought you can click on that column to do so). It sorts by name by default, and then I believe event ID.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder oghmagod

curt.parr wrote:
The Death to Jeopardy trade day events are listed on Thursday. I hope this isn't an error, because the 1:00 Wednesday space has great choices already, but since trade day has its own day, I thought it might be weird.

Thanks - I'll double-check on that. Looks like there are a few other Trade Days events listed as Thursday, as well.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by oghmagod

SEM1691782, Cosplay and Social Media is a $0 event which doesn't have a wishlist option.  It says

"Available Tickets: 110 This event only accepts Generic Tickets"

on the side where you would normally be able to register.

Posted by marimaccadmin

I'll send that along and see if that's right.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by scotmartin

For the RPGA events HILL 1-1, HILL 1-2 and HILL 1-3. The short description says "levels 1-4" while the long descriptions says "levels 5-10"

Posted by rozwen

Can't find any Cryptozoic events are there any?

Posted by derekguder

They are still being processed and will be added with late events.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by madbuzz

Is anyone else having trouble with expanding either time or alphabet when you search on an entire host? Primarily with the host Writer's Symposium.
--Buzz

Posted by derekguder

Strange - I'm able to replicate it with Writers' Symposium, but not other groups. I'll let Dev know so they can investigate.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.