Event List Errors
(Pinned)
Posted by shegiles

Event WKS1694975 says it starts 12 pm Friday but then ends 1pm Thursday. Thanks!

Posted by derekguder madbuzz

madbuzz wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with expanding either time or alphabet when you search on an entire host? Primarily with the host Writer's Symposium.
--Buzz

This should be fixed now, btw. Let us know if you still run into any issues.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by marimaccadmin shegiles

shegiles wrote:
Event WKS1694975 says it starts 12 pm Friday but then ends 1pm Thursday. Thanks!

Thanks for catching that, it's now correct in the system.

Posted by paulgrogan

Hi Derek, 
I work for Czech Games Edition and we need to make some urgent changes to a number of the events we have listed as a number of errors were made in creating them. One of my colleagues has been trying to contact someone at Gen Con about this for a couple of weeks but not heard anything back, so I am trying on here.
We are one of the sponsors of the show, and we have one of the big rooms (room 121), so I am hoping you can help us.
If you can, please let me know at [email protected]
Thanks!
Paul Grogan
CGE

Posted by marimaccadmin

While Gen Con employees are on here from time to time, you should never expect a response from them here, and you're always going to be better off to email [email protected] directly.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder paulgrogan

paulgrogan wrote:
Hi Derek, 
I work for Czech Games Edition and we need to make some urgent changes to a number of the events we have listed as a number of errors were made in creating them. One of my colleagues has been trying to contact someone at Gen Con about this for a couple of weeks but not heard anything back, so I am trying on here.
We are one of the sponsors of the show, and we have one of the big rooms (room 121), so I am hoping you can help us.
If you can, please let me know at [email protected]
Thanks!
Paul Grogan
CGE

Paul,

We received an email yesterday about schedule changes and have replied to it, but this is the first we've heard of any communication issues.

As Marian mentioned, you can contact us at [email protected] and our direct contact information (including phone numbers) are all listed in the Event Host Policy, should there ever be an urgent issue that needs to be addressed.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by ruthellen marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
This is where you want to post if you find an ERROR in the event list; say, a game is running 16 hours, or it looks like the title and the description don't agree, or it seems like the price is wrong, that sort of thing.
Please note that NOT HAVING A LOCATION is NOT AN ERROR.  Not yet.  We'll let you know when that's an issue.  Nor is just having as a location "ICC" an issue, yet.  What would be an error location now would be if you saw a location that was clearly incorrect, such as ICC, Senate II (Senate II being a room in the Westin), or possibly, if you notice two events in the same room at the same time.
So if you find anything that appears to be an error, please do let us know here so we can take a look at it and fix it if need be.
Noise Complaint Live: Anime Cosplay Dance is listed online as starting at 7:00 on Thursday but my ticket says 8:00.  Which one is correct?

Posted by ruthellen

"Noise Complaint Live: Anime Cosplay Dance" is listed online as starting at 7:00 on Thursday but my ticket says 8:00.  Which one is correct?

Posted by marimaccadmin

That's very odd; it does appear to be 7pm in the system, but I'll pass the issue along.

Marian McBrine
Events Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by marimaccadmin

Could you possibly take a pick of the ticket, with your phone is fine, and email that to [email protected] please?

Marian McBrine
Events Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.