Anyone interested in KID rpg events?
Posted by wjmacguffin

Hi folks,

As I said in an earlier post, I'm bringing my 8-year-old son to his first GenCon. So excited! But when I look at the events labeled KID ... there's not a lot going on. There are some, don't get me wrong. But my son loves roleplaying, and there's not much of that going on for kids. 

I was thinking of submitting 1-2 rpg events on Saturday or Sunday that will be official KID events. Parents would be welcome and encouraged to play! I'm thinking rpgs like Little Wizards, Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple, or maybe even Toon. 

But submitting events this late is a bit dicey. That's why I wanted to gauge interest before doing so. Are there any parents out there who would like to see some kid-friendly official KID rpg events? 

Posted by derekguder

I think it'd be great to see a few more events in there, and if you just submit a couple games to test the waters, I'm sure you'll do OK.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LC

Posted by nikkiv50

My 9-year-old son has been roleplaying for about a year with adults, but I'm sure he'd like getting into events with kids his age. He hasn't played any of the systems you mentioned.

Posted by drea2go

We are bringing our 6 and 8 year old boys and depending on when things were scheduled, would be interested!

Posted by rbree

The Wilderness Kids games run by Exile Games  are really good for kids... but I only think we arunning 2 this year and both are sold out.   They are under kids games but as all ages games since we encourage adults to play with there kids.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.