Cash?
Posted by scotto

Planning for the weekend and I'm wondering if the exhibit hall, concessions, etc are going to be all or mostly cashless?

Posted by austicke

That's correct. Pretty much everywhere accepts cards.

I'm not sure why this is off topic though.

Posted by dautzen64

But cash will still be accepted, correct?

Posted by austicke dautzen64

davester1964 wrote:But cash will still be accepted, correct?

Usually bit not always.

Posted by quarex

Very occasionally you will get a discount for using cash; the Auction/Consignment Store gives a 3%? discount, and Steve Jackson Games will do an exact change dance which is really just as good as a discount.  There are always a couple of other random discounts here and there for cash, too. 

Posted by helenbb

I find that most smaller vendors will usually do a 'no sales tax' discount for cash. It never hurts to ask. Plus, I like having cash because sometimes the internet gets slow and it's difficult for exhibitors to get on to authorize card payments.

Posted by scotto

austicke wrote:
That's correct. Pretty much everywhere accepts cards.
I'm not sure why this is off topic though.
Wasn't sure where the best place to ask would be. Seemed as good a spot as any.

Posted by smithrj

Sometimes, vendors will have two lines, one for card and one for cash. The cash line is always shorter.

Posted by tdb

The food courts in ICC were cashless last year.  Not sure about the concessions inside the dealer hall, they may have been as well.

Posted by mpagnotta310

It might be which vendors I buy from, but for the past two years the only vendor I couldn't use cash at was Dragon Shield. Everything else I was able to pay in cash.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.