Family Fun Pavilion?
Posted by werebat

Bringing my 17 and 12 year old sons to the Con.  I noticed the "family fun" pavilion and day on Sunday.  What would be part of this that a 12 year old might enjoy?  My 12 year old particularly enjoys the Cthulhu mythos, although more of the campy YouTube version of it (think "Little Cthulhu", "Calls From Cthulhu" with the puppet, and "Shoggoth on the Roof").  And zombies.  And of course Minecraft.

Just don't know if I'd be better off budgeting events or time with Family Fun areas, whatever they may be.

Posted by rogersba werebat

werebat wrote:
Bringing my 17 and 12 year old sons to the Con.  I noticed the "family fun" pavilion and day on Sunday.  What would be part of this that a 12 year old might enjoy?  My 12 year old particularly enjoys the Cthulhu mythos, although more of the campy YouTube version of it (think "Little Cthulhu", "Calls From Cthulhu" with the puppet, and "Shoggoth on the Roof").  And zombies.  And of course Minecraft.
Just don't know if I'd be better off budgeting events or time with Family Fun areas, whatever they may be.

It's not really a pavilion, just a collection of booths with kid-friendly games. If you click on the booths in the map, you can check out what companies will be there. Hard to say exactly what they'll bring to the floor at this point. 

Map: https://www.gencon.com/map?lt=13.81674404684894&lg=37.705078125&f=1&z=5&c=13

Posted by bakermouse10133 werebat

werebat wrote:
Yeah the Family fun pavilion is more for the 2-9yr old set. Face painting, crafts, kids games, a shipping box castle, and some other activities there. Would recommend you focus more on events. 
One event you might want to check out that might be fun for the 12yr old is Clay-o-rama. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.