Gen Con Auction
Normal
Small
Posted by ytuni

When does the auction page usually go live for the year? Last year ALL of my auction items sold and I'm hoping for a good turn out this year as well. I'd like to get started on prepping the games as soon as I can.

Normal
Small
Posted by falloner

Item registration usually opens April/May. 

If you are really itching to get started you can do what I do and set up a spreadsheet with your games. It makes entering them a breeze once registration opens.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

How does getting items in the Auction or consignment area work? Does it have to be something rare to go in the auction? Or is just stuff you don't play anymore perfectly fine?

Normal
Small
Posted by klaron andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
How does getting items in the Auction or consignment area work? Does it have to be something rare to go in the auction? Or is just stuff you don't play anymore perfectly fine?
You can sell any game regardless of condition, needless to say, condition will clearly affect its viability to attract a decent price.  If you have a truly collectable or semi-collectable item, you will want to flag it to ensure it is sold at the appropriate time and fetches an appropriate price.
https://livegameauctions.com/

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager klaron

klaron wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
You can sell any game regardless of condition, needless to say, condition will clearly affect its viability to attract a decent price.  If you have a truly collectable or semi-collectable item, you will want to flag it to ensure it is sold at the appropriate time and fetches an appropriate price.
Yeah I checked out the website, but they really don't answer too many questions that I could find at least. How big of a cut do they take if you just do consignment?

Normal
Small
Posted by falloner andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
klaron wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
Yeah I checked out the website, but they really don't answer too many questions that I could find at least. How big of a cut do they take if you just do consignment?
It depends on what this years rates are. Rates have not changed since 2016 when pre-registration became mandatory. 

If rates remain the same:

Consignment store
Maximum asking price per item $50
Insertion fee $1
commission = 10% of final sale price, can enter different prices for Thu/Fri/Sat

Auction (stage)
insertion fee = $2 
commission = 15% of final sale price
Reserve is optional at no cost. If your item does not sell across the stage, you can have it sent to the consignment store if it has a reserve of $50 or less. Asking price = reserve in that case. 

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

Thank you very much for that clarification. I appreciate it.

Normal
Small
Posted by quarex

The webpage revamp is pretty nice, for anyone who has seen the page in the past anyway.

The absence of pricing information is a little conspicuous if you ask me, considering it definitely used to be listed predominantly; possibly they are changing the numbers for this year, to explain the ambiguity?

New Post Sign in to write a new post.