Overlapping events
Posted by andrewj.rager

I fully understand why its in the system that you can't have overlapping events, but with being onliine, I'd like to see the ability to overlap events Lots of events I have tickets for are watch alongs not as interactive. Would be nice to be able to have a game event and a entertainment event at the same time.

Just a thought. But again, I understand why it isn't that way.

Posted by derekguder

We specifically don't want to allow folks to book overlapping events for a variety of reasons, including ensuring that more folks get a shot at events they would like to participate in and the expectation that you'll be focused on one event at a time anyway.

When you're playing a game, you won't be able to watch a stream simultaneously, or at least not for a long period of time.

Play games online can already come with plenty of distractions built into it, we didn't want to set the system up to encourage more.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by quirkyginger

I'll add to this - There's a 500 person stream for 1.5 hours.  I have a conflict for the last 30 min.  More than 400 tickets are currently available.

It would be great to be able to watch the first hour for non-sold-out sessions.  I can't imagine the logistics (oof).

That said - are events on twitch "ticket-only"?  

Posted by marimaccadmin

Generally no, if it's on a public platform, like Twitch, you don't need a ticket, though we encourage you to get one so you don't forget it's in your schedule.

Marian McBrine
Event Manger
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.