Early Gen Con week arrival gaming?
Posted by pshep999

I will be arriving in Indy on Monday the 13th this year. Anyone else arriving on Monday or Tuesday and willing to run/play anything? 

Posted by alans

A little early to tell yet, at least for our group...bump this thread after badges open up?

Posted by pshep999 alans

alans wrote:
A little early to tell yet, at least for our group...bump this thread after badges open up?
Ok........so now that we are getting close!! I will be arriving in Indy on Monday the 13th this year. Anyone else arriving on Monday or Tuesday and interested in running/playing anything either of these days?

Posted by rhone1

I'm arriving Tuesday and I'm absolutely interested in meeting up to run and or playing something.

For many years our group would get together at the RAM for Wednesday gaming. Now that the RAM is gone is there anything else going on for Wednesday gaming?

Posted by pshep999 rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
I'm arriving Tuesday and I'm absolutely interested in meeting up to run and or playing something.
For many years our group would get together at the RAM for Wednesday gaming. Now that the RAM is gone is there anything else going on for Wednesday gaming?
I believe I might have spoke to you a couple of years ago about Gloomhaven on an early arrival day, maybe not lol but anyway I'm down for whatever. In normal years past they have had actual ticketed games on Wednesdays, most taking place at Union Station Crowne Plaza. I have played some of my favorite events ever on Wednesdays honestly. 

Posted by naughtkris

I'm also an early arriver (usually Tuesday afternoon) as well.
Some of my best gaming has been on that Wednesday.

If someone has something going down, I'd be willing to get in on it.

Posted by fogel pens and creations

My buddy and I are up for some games of something either late Tuesday or We’d after booth set up

Posted by melkor

I should also be there The Monday before. Be weird as it may be my first year in 37 going solo. 
Based on that I'll be looking for things to do before and during.

Posted by squirecam

We have always gone to the open tables at the Hyatt. Hopefully they will be available this year.

Posted by grognard262

Is there some particular place where people gather for Wednesday night gaming?  Is there a Discord or some other place where people look for games and players?

Posted by rhone1

Wednesday night open gaming used to happen at many hotel lobbies around the convention center.  We used to stroll through the Hyatt and Marriott and never had a problem finding games.  Not sure this year.

Posted by aaronmlopez

My group is going to be arriving early Wednesday morning. After driving all night, I'm sure we are going to want to rest some, then head to The Tamale Place for a meal before going to the ICC for a bit. I'm sure I'd be up for Wed evening gaming.

Posted by quarex

The Kentucky Fried Gamers always meet up at the Ram on Wednesdays!

*blinks, rubs eyes*

Hmm.  Memorized information from 2015 is decreasingly useful in this new world

Posted by aaronmlopez quarex

quarex wrote:
The Kentucky Fried Gamers always meet up at the Ram on Wednesdays!
*blinks, rubs eyes*
Hmm.  Memorized information from 2015 is decreasingly useful in this new world

Have they decided on a new place for Wednesday night gaming? I am not sure if they are actually attending in any capacity at all this year or not. 

Posted by austicke

No Re-Fried Gamers on Wednesday this year unfortunately. :(

Posted by david campbell

My group is coming in on Wednesday instead of our normal Monday. Shorter trip just made more sense for us this year.

Posted by rhone1

Are there any pre-game locations (as of now) for either Tuesday evening or Wednesday?

Hotel lobbies are always an option, but I wonder if there are any locations like in years past (The RAM, Scotty's)? Debating trying to get something lined up but want to make sure it's not already done.

Posted by pshep999

Will be officially arriving Mon afternoon. Anyone want to run/play anything Monday night, Tuesday or Wednesday? Or all the above?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.