Check in with your Housing Portal Queue Time
1 3
1 3
Posted by njseahawksfan

I got 12:42 but a buddy of mine got 12:16.

Posted by squirecam

12:51. 

I suspect many downtown hotels still available for later times like last year.

Posted by austicke squirecam

squirecam wrote:I suspect many downtown hotels still available for later times like last year.

It will be interesting to see since it appears Gen Con compressed the times slots this year.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by lore seeker

Woohoo! 12:02 - best time I've ever drawn!

Posted by dotificus austicke

austicke wrote:
squirecam wrote:I suspect many downtown hotels still available for later times like last year.

It will be interesting to see since it appears Gen Con compressed the times slots this year._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group
Hi Alec, I'm not sure what this means? The time slots are shorter? 

And I got 12:18! My best time EVER in eight years of attending Gen Con. I am excite! 

Posted by austicke dotificus

dotificus wrote:
austicke wrote:
It will be interesting to see since it appears Gen Con compressed the times slots this year.

Hi Alec, I'm not sure what this means? The time slots are shorter?

Exactly. If you have Facebook, see here.

The approximate last time slot over the past three years were 7pm, 9pm and 6pm. This year it's 3:30pm.

I assume they compressed it so people will be done by the time the Super Bowl starts. They surely also have good info on server performance over the past several years.

Posted by austicke dotificus

dotificus wrote:And I got 12:18! My best time EVER in eight years of attending Gen Con. I am excite! 

Oh, and congratulations. That's awesome!

Posted by rleebyers

3:07 PM. Not so great for me, but if COVID concerns are still depressing preregistration, maybe, just maybe, I may still have a shot at a downtown room. Probably not, but a guy can dream.

Posted by austicke rleebyers

rleebyers wrote:3:07 PM. Not so great for me, but if COVID concerns are still depressing preregistration, maybe, just maybe, I may still have a shot at a downtown room. Probably not, but a guy can dream.

I think it'll all depend if we see a repeat of last year when downtown rooms didn't sell out, or if we're closer to back to normal this year.

There are also four new downtown hotels in the housing block this year.

Posted by dotificus

Thanks! And that info is interesting. My husband got a time of 2:08.

Posted by burrfoot72

I got 2:01 so I better hustle if I don't want dotificus' husband stealing my hotel :)

Posted by mschauer

12:00!!  How hard will it be to get a room with 3 beds?  I’m thinking 2 queens and a sleeper couch.  Was going to rush embassy suites but saw on another thread someone said the VIGS already sold embassy suites out.  Any other suggestions.  Would like to stay within 3 blocks if possible.

Posted by austicke mschauer

Wow, that's amazing.
How hard will it be to get a room with 3 beds?  I’m thinking 2 queens and a sleeper couch.  Was going to rush embassy suites but saw on another thread someone said the VIGS already sold embassy suites out.  Any other suggestions.  Would like to stay within 3 blocks if possible.

If you have Facebook, I listed out all the downtown room types here.

Posted by brumcg

Thanks as always, Alec.  You've set our expectations for tomorrow.

One of us got 12:22, but the other four are in a cluster from 2:24 to 2:40.

Posted by austicke

My pleasure.

Posted by wells

12:56

Posted by chadrea

1:05

Posted by llenlleawg

I was at first thrilled to get 2:00 pm, and then I found out that the times have been compressed. <sigh> Here's hoping I can get something good nonetheless!

Posted by jimdigris

1:44
I've also noticed that most of the hotels listed are downtown.  Why do I have the horrible feeling that they're going to run out of hotel space?

Posted by kevinrg jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
1:44
I've also noticed that most of the hotels listed are downtown.  Why do I have the horrible feeling that they're going to run out of hotel space?

Odd that the north hotels are pretty much non-existent.  Figure the additional downtown hotels with the unknown of attendance made the north expendable.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3