new health update:
( Locked)
4 5 6 8 10 11 12
4 5 6 8 10 11 12
Posted by quarex

Yeah when the people who run Gary Con are going maskless it, uh, kind of makes people think maybe the rules are not actually being followed.  I seriously doubt any such example will be set at Gen-Con if there is still a mask mandate.

Posted by dpuck1998

Every room I was in outside the main hall, game masters did not enforce the mask mandate.  My experience, I'm sure others varied.  

Posted by general lopez

It's been a month and Garycon ended up just fine, with no vaccine mandate, just a clean covid test, and people not following the policy and masking up. No super spreader event or even a documented covid case coming out of it. Time to get back to as normal as possible.      

Posted by donaldbain general lopez

general lopez wrote:
Time to get back to as normal as possible.      
Thank you, doctor.

Posted by eldrad12000

I would prefer not to wear a mask. But I will do as I am asked by Gen Con because I want to attend Gen Con. It's that simple, if they want masks, wear a mask. If you don't feel like you should and want to take if off during the con, well feel free to be that rebel and find out what happens.

Posted by hannman

We wore masks the entire time last year.  It really wasn't the bad.  Forget Covid, it was nice coming home from Gencon without getting the typical con crud we always seem to get.  For once not one member of our group got sick.

Posted by helenbb

The big issue with wearing masks last year was playing rpgs and having difficulty hearing people behind the masks, particularly in the big halls where sound bounces all around.

Posted by general lopez donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
general lopez wrote:
Thank you, doctor.
You are welcome sheep 

Posted by general lopez helenbb

helenbb wrote:
The big issue with wearing masks last year was paying rpgs and having difficult hearing people behind the masks, particularly in the big halls where sound bounces all around.

Mask for my family will be a must in the exhibit hall regardless of the policy because of con crud. Just hoping don't have to play games with them on, very hard to hear with them.

Posted by helenbb general lopez

general lopez wrote:
helenbb wrote:
The big issue with wearing masks last year was playing rpgs and having difficulty hearing people behind the masks, particularly in the big halls where sound bounces all around.l

Mask for my family will be a must in the exhibit hall regardless of the policy because of con crud. Just hoping don't have to play games with them on, very hard to hear with them.

If masks are required, they will be required during games.

Posted by mikeboozer general lopez

general lopez wrote:
donaldbain wrote:
general lopez wrote:
Thank you, doctor.
You are welcome sheep 

Ok, enough with the snark peeps, let's play nice or you won't be allowed back in the sandbox.

Mike

Posted by bigfathairyguy

Interesting to see what Gencon decides now that the next largest gaming convention lifted their mask mandate today.

Posted by colbrook bigfathairyguy

bigfathairyguy wrote:
Interesting to see what Gencon decides now that the next largest gaming convention lifted their mask mandate today.
I believe Gen Con said they'd wait until about a month out before they made their final decision, Origins is just over a month away so looks like they're following a similar plan.

Posted by malfakter colbrook

colbrook wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:
I believe Gen Con said they'd wait until about a month out before they made their final decision, Origins is just over a month away so looks like they're following a similar plan.
It may be too much to ask, but I'd like to see Gen Con make a final decision, one way or the other, before event registration goes live.  It would suck for Gen Con to get rid of the vax requirement after that.  While it would be awesome to tell my kids they are allowed to go to Gen Con this year, it would suck to tell them "but don't expect to get into the events you would have wanted to do because they were all taken before you were allowed to attend."

Posted by brumcg

Since folks have been talking about other cons, I just learned the April Gathering of Friends was a super-spreader.  Vaccines were required, reports were that 1/3 of the attendees were masked.  The GoF is an invite-only board game meeting/convention with about 400 attendees.  Infection rates were high in Niagara Falls where the the GoF was held.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2854873/tale-about-gaming-convention-and-covid/page/1

Posted by lore seeker brumcg

EDIT: Never mind

Posted by grognard262 malfakter

malfakter wrote:
It would suck for Gen Con to get rid of the vax requirement after that. 

I think it is highly unlikely that they will drop the vaccine requirement.  The current CDC recommendation is for people to be vaccinated and masks optional unless community spread is high.  I can't see Gen Con adopting a looser policy than what the public health authorities recommend.

Posted by malfakter grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
malfakter wrote:
=inheritIt would suck for Gen Con to get rid of the vax requirement after that. 

I think it is highly unlikely that they will drop the vaccine requirement.  The current CDC recommendation is for people to be vaccinated and masks optional unless community spread is high.  I can't see Gen Con adopting a looser policy than what the public health authorities recommend.
Well, there wasn't one last year and we are in a much better place now than we were last year.  I was just holding on to the little bit of hope that would change, since they keep saying that there's a possibility that it may change.  Sadly, though, I think you are correct.  I was just saying I wish they would definitively say "This is what we are going to do for this year" prior to event registration going live.  However, now that I've thought about it, if they do drop the vaccine requirement say in June, then I think a bunch of people that couldn't go before would then submit events.  That would open up a lot of options to people who don't get to participate in event registration day.

Who knows?  We just have to wait for the day to come that they set the policy in stone, whenever that may be.

Posted by hkeaton75 malfakter

malfakter wrote:We just have to wait for the day to come that they set the policy in stone, whenever that may be.

Hopefully before the badge refund cut off date (June 13)

Posted by donaldbain malfakter

malfakter wrote:Well, there wasn't one last year and we are in a much better place now than we were last year.
Because more people got vaccinated.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
4 5 6 8 10 11 12
4 5 6 8 10 11 12