Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
8 9 10 12 14
8 9 10 12 14
Posted by matthias9 lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
matthias9 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:
Is one booster good enough or do we need a second one?

You really need 3, maybe 5 if you are older. Our President just got Covid and he is quad-laser boosted. Anyway, think of it like XP you can always use more and level up and gain more powers.

I'm sorry, but this is just factually incorrect.Gen Con requires initial series, but not boosters to qualify as vaccinated.
And 5?  I assume you're talking about the U.S..  But, even there, 1 booster is approved/recommended for most.  A second booster for over 50 or otherwise at-risk.  Therefore, "5" shots isn't a thing.  At all.  

"Five is right out!"

Nice. 

Kicking myself for not seeing that!

Posted by catbus

Five shots is a thing if you're immunocompromised. Four if you're over 50. Three for everyone else.

To get back on topic, the most recently published health and safety policy says:

Participants can provide proof of vaccination using one of the following approved methods on-site at Gen Con:

• A Government Issued Vaccination Record (paper or photo)
  • CLEAR Health Pass

Yet elsewhere in this forum thread, Gen Con says it won't be using Clear. If that's the case, the reference to Clear should be deleted from the policy to avoid confusion.

Posted by brumcg catbus

catbus wrote:Yet elsewhere in this forum thread, Gen Con says it won't be using Clear. If that's the case, the reference to Clear should be deleted from the policy to avoid confusion.
They won't be scanning the QR code from Clear, but Clear is fine to prove you're vaccinated.  I believe it will display your vaccine history.

Posted by vulcanspock catbus

catbus wrote:
Five shots is a thing if you're immunocompromised. Four if you're over 50. Three for everyone else.
To get back on topic, the most recently published health and safety policy says:

As far as I know, this isn't true since 'over 50' and 'immunocompromised' are in the same category, which is for 2 boosters.  It's probably best to just direct people to the CDC website rather than attempt to answer that here.  COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters | CDC

"Recommended
2 Boosters

People seem worried about having their proof rejected.  I'm less worried about it.  They're going to have to look at paperwork from lots of different places.  Whatever you have is not likely to be unique to you.

Posted by toxic_rat

Really, all they have to do is check your name and ID, and make sure that you have had 1 or 2 doses (depending on vaccine type).  The date of the doses doesn't matter, just that you've had a complete series.  It'll be a quick process.

I'm hoping that the bands are like the cloth type ribbons that I got when we went on a cruise last year.  The ribbon was secured with a one-way ring.  It didn't fray, and it dried quickly when it got wet. Much more comfortable that the tyvek bands that they could have done.

Posted by lore seeker

At Origins, I think my vaccine check-in took maybe 10-15 seconds. Assuming they use a similar process and enough people, it should progress quickly.

Posted by austicke

"All participants must wear an approved face covering at all times while indoors in any Gen Con-controlled space and while attending or participating in any event in any venue that requires a Gen Con badge for entry."

Mike, I think this policy is clear that it only applies to indoors, but can you clarify anyway that all outdoor activities (even if they require a Gen Con badge) do not require a mask?

Posted by nedleeds matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

You really need 3, maybe 5 if you are older. Our President just got Covid and he is quad-laser boosted. Anyway, think of it like XP you can always use more and level up and gain more powers.

I'm sorry, but this is just factually incorrect.Gen Con requires initial series, but NO boosters to qualify as vaccinated.
And 5?  I assume you're talking about the U.S..  But, even there, 1 booster is approved/recommended for most.  A second booster for over 50 or otherwise at-risk.  Therefore, "5" shots isn't a thing.  At all.  
Yeah to each their own, but I've been boosted 8 times. You can just get a couple of each kind. I can get to 10 by the convention and at that point I basically have Protection from Evil cast on me. 

Posted by thecosplaywoman

So we recently decided to go to gen con, but found out you have to have had your second does 14 days for attending. On that note we won't be attending because one of us only has one and was planning on getting #2 today. Every other convention has required masks but none of them have required you to be fully vaccinated. am I the only one that finds this ridiculous? Is it even legal?

Posted by austicke thecosplaywoman

thecosplaywoman wrote:am I the only one that finds this ridiculous? Is it even legal?

No, you’re not the only one that finds it ridiculous you’re only learning about the requirement now. Yes, it’s legal.

Posted by roderick austicke

austicke wrote:
thecosplaywoman wrote:am I the only one that finds this ridiculous? Is it even legal?

No, you’re not the only one that finds it ridiculous you’re only learning about the requirement now. Yes, it’s legal.

Let's keep the snark down, Alex. 

Posted by armadilloal thecosplaywoman

thecosplaywoman wrote:
So we recently decided to go to gen con, but found out you have to have had your second does 14 days for attending. On that note we won't be attending because one of us only has one and was planning on getting #2 today. Every other convention has required masks but none of them have required you to be fully vaccinated. am I the only one that finds this ridiculous? Is it even legal?

This is definitely not the first convention that I have attended that required me to be fully vaccinated.

Posted by mikeboozer austicke

austicke wrote:
"All participants must wear an approved face covering at all times while indoors in any Gen Con-controlled space and while attending or participating in any event in any venue that requires a Gen Con badge for entry."
Mike, I think this policy is clear that it only applies to indoors, but can you clarify anyway that all outdoor activities (even if they require a Gen Con badge) do not require a mask?

Outdoors you do not required to wear a mask. 

Mike

Posted by austicke

Thank you, Mike.

Posted by armored badger

How is Gen Con checking people with exemptions that need a negative test 48 hours before? Also, any recommended locations to get tested nearby the convention center?

Posted by mikeboozer armored badger

armored badger wrote:
How is Gen Con checking people with exemptions that need a negative test 48 hours before? Also, any recommended locations to get tested nearby the convention center?

email [email protected] for that inquiry.The closest testing center to the ICC is GenePace Solutions Downtown. https://goo.gl/maps/LacPSPJgB8Nb3S3w7
Mike

Posted by helenbb armadilloal

armadilloal wrote:
thecosplaywoman wrote:

This is definitely not the first convention that I have attended that required me to be fully vaccinated.

I've been to 10 in-person pop culture/gaming conventions in the past 12 months and this is the only one that requires vaccination. The others had no requirement (such as Gen Con 2021) or allowed a negative test (such as San Diego Comic Con). It really is a shame that Gen Con is not living up to its 'inclusivity' message. But I'm going anyway, because I'm not going to let this fly in the ointment ruin the best 4 (5) days in gaming.

Posted by gryfalia matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is just factually incorrect.Gen Con requires initial series, but NO boosters to qualify as vaccinated.

Aaaaactually, speaking as an immune compromised individual, just today I got my third booster (aka 5th shot).  Totally on the up-and-up (not the 'getting shots of each type' mentioned elsewhere).  Also, personally disappointed by the lack of super powers.  I feel robbed.

And looking forward to next week..so much.

Posted by quarex

The idea that inclusivity means "protect the people refusing to help protect the vulnerable" is so laughable it is insulting.  But I will give you credit that you are going, as most people saying things like that are just trying to stir up anger from afar and have no actual interest in being there. 

Posted by mikeboozer helenbb

helenbb wrote:
armadilloal wrote:
thecosplaywoman wrote:

Ditto. I've been to 10 in-person pop culture/gaming conventions in the past 12 months and this is the only one that requires vaccination. The others had no requirement (such as Gen Con 2021) or allowed a negative test (such as San Diego Comic Con). It really is a shame that Gen Con is not living up to its 'inclusivity' message. But I'm going anyway, because I'm not going to let this fly in the ointment ruin the best 4 (5) days in gaming.

You have made your point...and repeated it now as I have seen you post this before.
You have the right to your opinion but enough is enough.

You are off topic as well (as are others). This is a clarifications topic.

This is everyone's last warning.

We are done with this.

Folks the show is next week and I'm on my last nerve. Can't we just enjoy ourselves?

I would hate to shut down this topic which is being hijacked.

Mike

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
8 9 10 12 14
8 9 10 12 14