4 5 6 8 10 11 12
4 5 6 8 10 11 12
Posted by mikeboozer qwaserity

qwaserity wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
cman811 wrote:
Are the wristbands...?

Unknown at this time. 
I've mentioned it before: GameHoleCon in Madison, Wisconsin last October had these lovely stretchy bands that fit nicely around the wrist. Red text and the con logo on a nice solid black rubber strip.Also, not only do some of us shower every morning (especially the five official days of GenCon), some of us can't sleep with a band wrapped around the wrist. I'll need four or five bands and I'll need them early so as to make my 8 am events on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
I know you'll figure out what you can and will do but when I'm considering the possibilities my first question usually is, "What have other people done?"

Thanks for the feedback!

It will be what it will be. 

Mike

Posted by roderick mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
quarex wrote:
I know different conventions are different conventions, but it took absolutely less than one minute to get my vaccine wristband at Origins and get into line to get my badge (which also took less than a minute, which is VERY surprising for Origins).  If you are actually ready with your vaccine information it should basically take no time at all to have it checked and get the wristband, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread too.

Exactly, and for those of you who have been comparing the Will Call to vaccination check points as far as time goes it's an apple to oranges or Troll to Goblin comparison. It takes more time to get your packet, sometimes a lot more then it does to get your wrist band.
In both places though please for the love of my sanity have the required things available before you get to the front of the line. 
ID and Vaccination card for Vaccination line.
ID and email address for Will Call.
Thanks you. This has been a public service announcement and shameless plug for:  https://worldofchaldea.com/actoroke/
https://www.twitch.tv/GENCONTV
Where you can see me make a fool of myself as the DM for season 3
Was that off topic enough to censure myself?
Mike

Mike, please keep this channel, and the forums, clear of advertising, else I shall have to report you for spam. 

You don't so the funny voices while DMing. I'm disappointed. And tell Rennie that the beard makes him look and sound so different. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Posted by cinnibar

Question about masks on entertainers in official events as we see in the hallways? 

Posted by mikeboozer cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
Question about masks on entertainers in official events as we see in the hallways? 

Just like last year. They will be distanced and able to be mask less I'm sure.

Mike

Posted by joho

Looks like reports already of contraction around Origins. May be based on poor compliance and poor enforcement.

what measures will be in place regarding enforcement? Further what are the steps one should take at Gencon if they feel uncomfortable with poor compliance?

Posted by lore seeker joho

joho wrote:
Looks like reports already of contraction around Origins. May be based on poor compliance and poor enforcement.
what measures will be in place regarding enforcement? Further what are the steps one should take at Gencon if they feel uncomfortable with poor compliance?

I was at Origins, and while most of the people wore masks around the convention grounds, there were some exceptions (not many, but some). And I saw quite a few people with their masks off in the food court even when they weren't eating, which couldn't have helped.

In the end, I think they did all they could, short of contracting more security guards to act as roving mask enforcers.

Posted by cinnibar

Well, we can call out those self-determined 'exceptions' and get Staff to remind and enforce.

Reminding should be all that's necessary, and if reminders only last until Staff's back is turned, I'm willing to enjoy watching enforcement.

Posted by weirdpinkpill

Hi folks,

I'm from Canada and have a different-looking vaccine card than is handed out in the USA. Is Gen Con prepared to check vaccine proofs that are issued in foreign countries? 

Thanks! 

Posted by colbrook weirdpinkpill

weirdpinkpill wrote:
Hi folks,
I'm from Canada and have a different-looking vaccine card than is handed out in the USA. Is Gen Con prepared to check vaccine proofs that are issued in foreign countries? 
Thanks! 
Mike has already said they'll accept my Cayman Islands issued vaccine card/app so I would think Canada is OK, as long as it shows dates, name, and type of vaccine IIRC

Posted by squirecam joho

joho wrote:
Enforcement was good last year and I wouldnt expect that to change. 

Just speak to a GM or staff and they will handle any issues. No one needs to get involved or create a scene.

Posted by joho squirecam

squirecam wrote:

Enforcement was good last year and I wouldnt expect that to change. Just speak to a GM or staff and they will handle any issues. No one needs to get involved or create a scene.

sounds good. Hopefully ICC staff/security are also on page to comply and aid in enforcement - sounds like that was another issue at Origins.

Posted by brooks joho

joho wrote:
squirecam wrote:

Enforcement was good last year and I wouldnt expect that to change. Just speak to a GM or staff and they will handle any issues. No one needs to get involved or create a scene.

sounds good. Hopefully ICC staff/security are also on page to comply and aid in enforcement - sounds like that was another issue at Origins.

As someone who is opposed to requiring masks and was at Gen Con last year, I wouldn't even say it was an enforcement issue. It was simply a compliance issue regardless of what anyone felt about masks; everyone simply wore them. If someone forgot or whatever a gentle reminder was all that was necessary. There is really no need to envision IMPD officers dragging out people kicking and screaming because they refuse to wear masks. 

I just fall back on don't be a jerk. Don't be a jerk by refusing to wear a mask. Don't be a jerk by assuming anyone without a mask is trying to kill you. Again, gentle reminders seem to work really well.  

Posted by malfakter brooks

brooks wrote:
joho wrote:
squirecam wrote:

As someone who is opposed to requiring masks and was at Gen Con last year, I wouldn't even say it was an enforcement issue. It was simply a compliance issue regardless of what anyone felt about masks; everyone simply wore them. If someone forgot or whatever a gentle reminder was all that was necessary. There is really no need to envision IMPD officers dragging out people kicking and screaming because they refuse to wear masks. I just fall back on don't be a jerk. Don't be a jerk by refusing to wear a mask. Don't be a jerk by assuming anyone without a mask is trying to kill you. Again, gentle reminders seem to work really well.  
IMPD won't enforce mask-wearing, anywhere.  They haven't since the beginning of the pandemic, even when there was a mask mandate in Indianapolis.  They will show up to resolve any disturbances or handle any trespassing issues, but they will not ask anyone to put on a mask.  At most, a person could get arrested for trespassing if they refuse to leave after being asked to or for disorderly conduct.  Of course, that all depends on the specifics of the encounter.

Posted by brooks malfakter

malfakter wrote:
brooks wrote:
joho wrote:
squirecam wrote:

As someone who is opposed to requiring masks and was at Gen Con last year, I wouldn't even say it was an enforcement issue. It was simply a compliance issue regardless of what anyone felt about masks; everyone simply wore them. If someone forgot or whatever a gentle reminder was all that was necessary. There is really no need to envision IMPD officers dragging out people kicking and screaming because they refuse to wear masks. I just fall back on don't be a jerk. Don't be a jerk by refusing to wear a mask. Don't be a jerk by assuming anyone without a mask is trying to kill you. Again, gentle reminders seem to work really well.  
IMPD won't enforce mask-wearing, anywhere.  They haven't since the beginning of the pandemic, even when there was a mask mandate in Indianapolis.  They will show up to resolve any disturbances or handle any trespassing issues, but they will not ask anyone to put on a mask.  At most, a person could get arrested for trespassing if they refuse to leave after being asked to or for disorderly conduct.  Of course, that all depends on the specifics of the encounter.

I apologize for being a bit facetious regarding the IMPD. My main point was just don't be a jerk regardless of whether it's regarding wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. 

Posted by raptorov

Well, for me, I am well into getting into "GenCon shape"! I started wearing my mask again at work, the same style I plan on wearing at the con. That way, I can get used to talking, walking briskly and communicating in it since I haven't done much more than spot wearing the last couple months.
I need to remind me to clean shave since beard-funk is not pleasant, especially in August heat.
But, so be it!

Bring on GenCon!

Posted by quarex

Not to mention the often-underdiscussed issue of beards interfering with the effectiveness of masks.  Every time I saw someone with a beard down to his chest wearing a mask I thought about the extreme end of the chart where mask effectiveness was cut like 90% as a result of the huge gaps created.

Posted by dalthius cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
Well, we can call out those self-determined 'exceptions' and get Staff to remind and enforce.
Reminding should be all that's necessary, and if reminders only last until Staff's back is turned, I'm willing to enjoy watching enforcement.
You should probably do some self-reflection.

Posted by cinnibar dalthius

dalthius wrote:
cinnibar wrote:
I have no problem with rules being enforced.  That seems to be where other places were partially lax and that led to problems from all accounts.

If you see a problem with supporting Gen Con's rules, then that's on you.  Game on! 

Posted by lehane

The entire mask thing is just like a smoking ban for smokers and they have been showing us for years how to deal with it. 

Just go outside for a bit and remove the mask. Come back in after a bit. 

I have left an hour block between each of my games. If the mask is not bothering me I may browse the exhibit hall. If the mask is bothering me then there are several bars and restaurants to go get a drink from and not worry about the mask for awhile. 

Posted by dalthius cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
dalthius wrote:
cinnibar wrote:
I have no problem with rules being enforced.  That seems to be where other places were partially lax and that led to problems from all accounts.If you see a problem with supporting Gen Con's rules, then that's on you.  Game on! 
Zero problem with GenCon having its own rules; if I did, I would not attend. I think its disturbing that you get some sort of joy out of watching folks get the cops called on them because they are walking around without a mask that even the CDC has said has little or no impact on the spread of COVID.

Regardless, I have found this thread quite informative, and will continue to monitor it for any needed information. Preferably without asinine comments like yours. As you say...game on!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
4 5 6 8 10 11 12
4 5 6 8 10 11 12