Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
7 8 9 11 13 14
7 8 9 11 13 14
Posted by ifandbut

Is one booster good enough or do we need a second one?

Posted by lore seeker

Most people aren't eligible for a second booster yet (though the government is working on changing that as of yesterday), so I imagine just one is enough.

Posted by mpagnotta310 ifandbut

ifandbut wrote:

You do not need a booster.

https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/health-and-safety

Per their own guidelines, "Fully vaccinated" means you've had your primary shots and it's been 14 days. Boosters are encouraged, but not mandatory.

You could've found your answer by just doing a little bit of clicking around.

Posted by lore seeker mpagnotta310

mpagnotta310 wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

You do not need a booster.https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/health-and-safety
Per their own guidelines, "Fully vaccinated" means you've had your primary shots and it's been 14 days. Boosters are encouraged, but not mandatory.
You could've found your answer by just doing a little bit of clicking around.

You're right. My mistake - forgot nobody's updated their definition of "fully vaccinated" even though it's sorely needed (including the CDC, to be fair).

Posted by tinabear81

The booster seems to be most effective about 2 weeks out from the shot, so I’m going on the 20th. I know the new variant is better at passing by a person’s immunity, naturally acquired or not, so I’m trying to give my immune system a boost. 

If you aren’t vax-averse, getting a booster might not be a terrible idea. 

Posted by forar

My province finally made second boosters available today, and I've already scheduled my shot for Saturday.

As someone on the setup crew who'll be in the ICC Tuesday and Wednesday, I would've preferred it to be a wee bit earlier than 'literally 2 weeks from showtime', but at least it's finally set up.

Posted by rgresch forar

forar wrote:
My province finally made second boosters available today, and I've already scheduled my shot for Saturday.
As someone on the setup crew who'll be in the ICC Tuesday and Wednesday, I would've preferred it to be a wee bit earlier than 'literally 2 weeks from showtime', but at least it's finally set up.

Canadian as well, driving down from Thunder Bay, ON. Have my second booster scheduled for Tues the 19th. 

Posted by chrisbodem

Will I be required to put my proof of vaccine wristband on immediately upon receiving it or do I just put it on once the convention begins. If I get it Monday do I need to wear it from that point on or will you give me one and I can put it on Thursday before I enter the convention center>

Posted by mikeboozer chrisbodem

chrisbodem wrote:
Will I be required to put my proof of vaccine wristband on immediately upon receiving it or do I just put it on once the convention begins. If I get it Monday do I need to wear it from that point on or will you give me one and I can put it on Thursday before I enter the convention center>

Yes, since you will not be putting it on. We will put it on you when you receive it.

Mike 

Posted by chrisbodem mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
chrisbodem wrote:

Yes, since you will not be putting it on. We will put it on you when you receive it.Mike 
Well, that will be convenient.

Posted by ritamotto

Will we need wristbands for Gen Con controlled spaces like hotel ball rooms on Wednesday? I'm just wondering if I can play games with my friends in a hotel lobby or ballroom while I wait for the lines to die down at Will Call and Vaccine Check. 

Posted by joho ritamotto

ritamotto wrote:
Will we need wristbands for Gen Con controlled spaces like hotel ball rooms on Wednesday? I'm just wondering if I can play games with my friends in a hotel lobby or ballroom while I wait for the lines to die down at Will Call and Vaccine Check. 
yes- if you can even access them- things may be more shut up than previous years

Posted by nedleeds ifandbut

ifandbut wrote:

You really need 3, maybe 5 if you are older. Our President just got Covid and he is quad-laser boosted. Anyway, think of it like XP you can always use more and level up and gain more powers.

Posted by kevinrg ritamotto

ritamotto wrote:

Why that 'Gen Con controlled spaces' really should be clarified better.  Seems really vague and is going to cause conflicts.   From reading everything over the last month, I take it to be any Gencon event that you are going to or if you are in a line for a Gencon event then you need the mask/vaccine band.    

A hotel lobby is whatever the hotel is doing and is not a Gencon controlled space.

Posted by lanogironu ritamotto

ritamotto wrote:

Hotel lobbies aren't GenCon controlled spaces. The GenCon gaming rooms in certain hotel rooms and ballrooms are GenCon controlled and will require a badge+wristband+mask. Sitting in a hotel lobby at a table will not require a mask and vaccine. The only semi confusing space are the hallways like where Will Call is - hallways are public space and don't follow GenCon mandates, but strictly GenCon spaces like the Will Call line will need to adhere to rules. 

Posted by toxic_rat nedleeds

nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

You really need 3, maybe 5 if you are older. Our President just got Covid and he is quad-laser boosted. Anyway, think of it like XP you can always use more and level up and gain more powers.

As far as the GenCon requirements go, boosters are not required.  Only the initial series is required to get the wristband.

Posted by nedleeds toxic_rat

toxic_rat wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

As far as the GenCon requirements go, boosters are not required.  Only the initial series is required to get the wristband.
toxic_rat wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

Wait but what if people going to Gencon don't have the antibodies generated by their initial vaccination anymore now a year and a half later? They could still get covid bad and be sick.

Posted by toxic_rat

Wait but what if people going to Gencon don't have the antibodies generated by their initial --vaccination anymore now a year and a half later? They could still get covid bad and be sick.

--
As has been noted before, we're not here to debate the science of how the vaccines function. 

Everyone should personally assess their risk tolerance for attending a large gathering such as GenCon, and act accordingly.

Posted by matthias9 nedleeds

nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is just factually incorrect.

Gen Con requires initial series, but NO boosters to qualify as vaccinated.

And 5?  I assume you're talking about the U.S..  But, even there, 1 booster is approved/recommended for most.  A second booster for over 50 or otherwise at-risk.  Therefore, "5" shots isn't a thing.  At all.  

Posted by lore seeker matthias9

matthias9 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
ifandbut wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is just factually incorrect.Gen Con requires initial series, but not boosters to qualify as vaccinated.
And 5?  I assume you're talking about the U.S..  But, even there, 1 booster is approved/recommended for most.  A second booster for over 50 or otherwise at-risk.  Therefore, "5" shots isn't a thing.  At all.  

"Five is right out!"

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
7 8 9 11 13 14
7 8 9 11 13 14