Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
6 7 8 10 12 13 14
6 7 8 10 12 13 14
Posted by capt4in hannman

hannman wrote:
My big concern is how much time will it take to get a wrist band.  Time is of the essence for my group.  This is why we all had our badges mailed to us.  We've learned the hard way that waiting in line at will call to get our badges wasn't worth the lost time.  I fear that we'll be stuck in a 2 hour line and miss our first event.  Do we have any idea?  I'm now trying to convince my group we all need to get up an hour early on Thursday because of this.  

If you have an event first thing on Thursday morning, what's stopping you from getting your wristband on Wednesday? I believe will call runs pretty long hours on Wednesday and will let you get everything sorted before any events start. 

Posted by bigfathairyguy

I feel like this would run smoother if they let people get in the will call line without the bracelet and just validate it at will call. At least if they did this on Wednesday and Thursday morning. Be better than having to wait in two lines for people.

Posted by brumcg hannman

hannman wrote:My big concern is how much time will it take to get a wrist band.  Time is of the essence for my group.  This is why we all had our badges mailed to us.  We've learned the hard way that waiting in line at will call to get our badges wasn't worth the lost time.  I fear that we'll be stuck in a 2 hour line and miss our first event.  Do we have any idea?  I'm now trying to convince my group we all need to get up an hour early on Thursday because of this.  

On Discord, 15 minutes has been mentioned by Gen Con folks.  Of course, no one can be certain. 

Leaving earlier sounds like a good idea if the 11:00 event is critical to your con... just to be safe. 

Posted by mikeboozer bigfathairyguy

bigfathairyguy wrote:
I feel like this would run smoother if they let people get in the will call line without the bracelet and just validate it at will call. At least if they did this on Wednesday and Thursday morning. Be better than having to wait in two lines for people.

It definitely would not run smoother.

It would add a lot more time to each persons pick up. Which would create the problem of a long line that we would like to avoid.

Mike

Posted by jimdigris

Two weeks ago, Gencon's website said that it would accept NY's Empire pass as proof of vaccination. Then that wording disappeared.  Is it acceptable or not?

Posted by mikeboozer jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
Two weeks ago, Gencon's website said that it would accept NY's Empire pass as proof of vaccination. Then that wording disappeared.  Is it acceptable or not?

When I goggle " NY Empire Pass" I get a pass for Parks.
https://parks.ny.gov/admission/empire-passport/

Do you mean "NY Excelsior Pass "?

If the pass is something we can look at that has your vaccination information the answer is yes, it is acceptable.
If it is something we have to scan or look up ourselves then the answer is no.

Mike

Posted by bigfathairyguy mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:

It definitely would not run smoother.It would add a lot more time to each persons pick up. Which would create the problem of a long line that we would like to avoid.
Mike
Even if that adds so much time (even though this is supposed to take like 30 seconds per person to do). At minimum you should send people up the will call line to check ids and vaccine cards and give out the bracelets. With your current rules you are going to need people to monitor the will call line for bracelets anyways. If the line wraps around outside like it has in years past you are setting yourself up for angry people if they have spent anytime waiting in the will call line and then get told they need to go get bracelets. Even though you send it out in news letters doesn't mean people actually read them.

Just doesn't sound very well thought out.

Posted by mikeboozer bigfathairyguy

bigfathairyguy wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
bigfathairyguy wrote:

It definitely would not run smoother.It would add a lot more time to each persons pick up. Which would create the problem of a long line that we would like to avoid.
Mike
Even if that adds so much time (even though this is supposed to take like 30 seconds per person to do). At minimum you should send people up the will call line to check ids and vaccine cards and give out the bracelets. With your current rules you are going to need people to monitor the will call line for bracelets anyways. If the line wraps around outside like it has in years past you are setting yourself up for angry people if they have spent anytime waiting in the will call line and then get told they need to go get bracelets. Even though you send it out in news letters doesn't mean people actually read them.Just doesn't sound very well thought out.

You will need to get a wrist band to get in the Will Call line in the first place.

It will only take one person at the end of the line to monitor that and instruct people to go to the Sagamore first if they don't get the information from our website, media, newsletters, and forums.

No one will be waiting in line who has not been told they need the vaccination wrist band to do so.

Will Call is not a good place to check vaccination cards and apply wrist bands, and sending people up and down the line is not and efficient use of resources. Putting those resources in a central station is.

Other conventions have used this model to great success.

We have thought this through.

Mike

Posted by douga65

How late will Will Call and Vax Check be open on Wednesday night?

Posted by brooks douga65

douga65 wrote:

Will Call runs 24/7 during the convention. According to Mike Boozer vaccination station hours are:

Mon-Tues: 8am-8pm (Capital Concourse)
Weds: 7am-2am (Sagamore 7)
Thurs-Sat: 7am-midnight (Sagamore 7)
Sun: 7am-4pm (Sagamore 7)

Posted by jimdigris mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
jimdigris wrote:

https://parks.ny.gov/admission/empire-passport/Do you mean "NY Excelsior Pass "?
If the pass is something we can look at that has your vaccination information the answer is yes, it is acceptable.
Mike
Yes, it is the Excelsior pass.  It says "Vaccine Doses 3".

Posted by mikeboozer jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
jimdigris wrote:

https://parks.ny.gov/admission/empire-passport/Do you mean "NY Excelsior Pass "?
Mike
Yes, it is the Excelsior pass.  It says "Vaccine Doses 3".

That should be just fine then!

Posted by jimdigris

Thank you!

Posted by ryric

One possible issue with "one person at the end of the line" is what if someone skips the line? "Hey there's my friends, I'll just go join up with them in line" might not be ethical but I'd be really surprised if it doesn't happen at all. 

One could argue that a person who both a) hasn't gotten a vaccine check, and b) cuts in line, deserves to have to wait all over again, but since this is an anticipatable issue it would probably be best for staff to simply be prepared with some sort of policy for it.

Posted by cinnibar ryric

ryric wrote:
One possible issue with "one person at the end of the line" is what if someone skips the line? "Hey there's my friends, I'll just go join up with them in line" might not be ethical but I'd be really surprised if it doesn't happen at all. 
One could argue that a person who both a) hasn't gotten a vaccine check, and b) cuts in line, deserves to have to wait all over again, but since this is an anticipatable issue it would probably be best for staff to simply be prepared with some sort of policy for it.

Or we could watch karma as the line-cutter gets refused service after getting to the head of the line.

Honestly though, just put up a sign about the food court area: 'Vax Wristbands REQUIRED for Will Call service'.  Boom.  Done, they've been treated as an adult.

Posted by lanogironu ryric

ryric wrote:

It's an easy policy to have. 
1. If they notice line hopping, that person is sent to the back of the line and refused their badge. If they throw a fit, they get a reasonable warning, then banned. 
2. If someone somehow makes it to the Will Call Booth and ignored the signage, all the GenCon communication to this point, and staff without a vaccination band, they are sent to Sagamore and denied their badge. If they throw a fit, they get a reasonable warning, then banned. 

Posted by mikeboozer ryric

ryric wrote:

Thanks for your feedback and for voicing your concerns.

We are confident of our ability to monitor and inform people in the Will Call line of the need to have the vaccination wrist band. We will have many measures in place to do so.

To be clear there is a policy as stated here:

https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/health-and-safety

"You will NOT be able to pick up your badges or event tickets from Will Call or purchase badges or tickets prior to visiting a vaccination verification station and receiving your wristband. You must do this step first."

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer brooks

brooks wrote:
douga65 wrote:

Will Call runs 24/7 during the convention. According to Mike Boozer vaccination station hours are:Mon-Tues: 8am-8pm (Capital Concourse)

Will Call does not run 24/7 during the convention.

Wednesday Noon-2am (Thursday Morning)
Thursday - Saturday 7am - 11pm
Sunday 7am-3pm

Posted by brooks mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
brooks wrote:
douga65 wrote:

Will Call runs 24/7 during the convention. According to Mike Boozer vaccination station hours are:Mon-Tues: 8am-8pm (Capital Concourse)
Will Call does not run 24/7 during the convention.
Wednesday Noon-2am (Thursday Morning)
Thursday - Saturday 7am - 11pm
Sunday 7am-3pm

My mistake!

However, is that new? I would have sworn that Will Call was open 24-hours a day during previous conventions.

Posted by armadilloal

It was limited last year as well. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
6 7 8 10 12 13 14
6 7 8 10 12 13 14