Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
Posted by spenecer

Will it be possible to get a vax wristband on Wednesday?

Posted by fethbone kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
I know there are people that walk the halls, but I guess I'm blown away that someone would actually buy a badge just to wander the halls and not really do anything?   Seems like they could just not buy a badge and wander the halls since it was declared that this doesn't cover the ICC corridor.
It's my understanding that lobbyconning is generally considered to be in poor taste, as you are enjoying the festive atmosphere that organizers have spent so much time and money on without paying. There is quite a bit you can do and see in the ICC without going into a badged area (live music, cardhalla, balloons, etc), and if your charisma is high enough, you could still get in a lot of gaming and make new friends even if you didn't go with a group. I'm not saying buying a badge but not going into badged areas has been done or will be done, but hey, it could happen. I do know people who may very well lollygag until late Thursday/early Friday to make it to the vaccine checkpoint.

Since some people were concerned about the football game attendees wandering around last year Sunday, actual lobbycon-ers who choose to go unmasked may be of concern to some if they appear in any number, so I was curious what Gencon's position on it was.

Posted by raptorov joho

joho wrote:it's pretty simple:
1) don your mask & get your wristband from one of the 4+ locations
2) go to will call while wearing aformentioned mask and your fancy plastic wristband
3) ???
4) profitGC is saying they can't control the space *completely* but they will require vaccination bands and masks if you're in queue for Will-Call.
If you are wondering, Phase three is "Launch Kickstarter" then profit.

Posted by eldrad12000 fethbone

fethbone wrote:
kevinrg wrote:
I know there are people that walk the halls, but I guess I'm blown away that someone would actually buy a badge just to wander the halls and not really do anything?   Seems like they could just not buy a badge and wander the halls since it was declared that this doesn't cover the ICC corridor.
It's my understanding that lobbyconning is generally considered to be in poor taste, as you are enjoying the festive atmosphere that organizers have spent so much time and money on without paying. There is quite a bit you can do and see in the ICC without going into a badged area (live music, cardhalla, balloons, etc), and if your charisma is high enough, you could still get in a lot of gaming and make new friends even if you didn't go with a group. I'm not saying buying a badge but not going into badged areas has been done or will be done, but hey, it could happen. I do know people who may very well lollygag until late Thursday/early Friday to make it to the vaccine checkpoint.Since some people were concerned about the football game attendees wandering around last year Sunday, actual lobbycon-ers who choose to go unmasked may be of concern to some if they appear in any number, so I was curious what Gencon's position on it was.
I mean I think their position is, as they stated. If you are in an area that requires a badge, a mask is required. If not...well it's not.

Posted by kevinrg spenecer

spenecer wrote:

If you are picking up a badge at will call you need a wristband first and will call is open on Wednesday so, yes.

No times are announced yet though.

Posted by donaldbain

Will a photo copy of your card be acceptable?  

Slightly worried about a tech failure at the wrong moment.

Posted by ungmar9567 austicke

austicke wrote:
ungmar9567 wrote:But my question is about being "fully vaccinated". Last May, I got the one-shot J&J vaccine. Will I need a booster to be considered fully vaccinated? Or am I good to go as is?

This is clearly spelled out in the Health and Safety Policy."In accordance with CDC guidelines, booster shots are not required to be considered fully vaccinated, however, please note that the CDC recommends that people remain up to date with their vaccines, which includes additional doses for individuals who are immunocompromised or booster doses at regular time points. Please note that this remains subject to further update as CDC guidance is revised."

Thank you.

Posted by austrianadam

Still want to know about kids under 5. A full course of Pfizer is already impossible since it takes 3 shots. 

Assuming there are no more delays the absolute best that could happen is to have a full course of Moderna before the con. And that's assuming we would be lucky enough to be part of the first batch.

Posted by adcjones brooks

brooks wrote:
adcjones wrote:
timjs21 wrote:
Show proof of vaccination AND wear a mask!  LOL  What an over-reach.  Have fun all.
went just fine last year
papabees wrote:
general lopez wrote:
brumcg wrote:
general lopez wrote:Note that locations Gen Con does not directly control, such as hotel lobbies, hallways, connectors, restaurants, etc. will have their own policies and these are likely to be more lax."

I read this as "hotel lobbies, hotel hallways, hotel connectors, hotel restaurants."

Yeah you could be right, but why spell out certain areas in the ICC like the exhibit hall and not just say the whole ICC building. Maybe they have control in a hallway of someone waiting in a Gencon line for will call, vax checkin, etc, but not someone just passing through, since there are public areas.     
The ICC halls are not controlled by Gencon. The issue in Indy (I'm a resident) is that the convention center is a hub for connection of various public facilities so people can go through the halls as they please (See Colts fans last year). Ergo, those spaces are not controlled by Gencon. A post was put on the Fans of Gencon Facebook page from Gencon customer service stating as such. Here is the email: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10228165267937336&set=p.10228165267937336&type=3

But, right now the ICC isn't letting anyone in unless they have business in the Hall.  I work downtown and have tried to go in on many different occasions over the past few months.  Most recently, yesterday.

It's a moot issue. According to Mike:Masks and Vaccine bracelets are not being required in ICC corridors. Mike 
totally agree now.  if ICC corridors aren't monitored for wrist bands, what the point lol

Posted by adcjones donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
I'm still waiting on my answer for this, too.

Posted by austicke austrianadam

austrianadam wrote:Still want to know about kids under 5.

This is clearly spelled out in the Health and Safety Policy. The vaccination requirement only applies to those 5 and up.

Posted by austicke donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:Will a photo copy of your card be acceptable?  

A photocopy is a photo, which the policy says is acceptable, so it's hard to imagine it wouldn't be.

Posted by ndgeekboy donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:

Seconded. I'm more worried about just plain losing the original card.

Also a question about verification from a smartphone: Does that include pictures you've taken of your card? Or are you talking just verification from a website or app?

Posted by austrianadam austicke

austicke wrote:
austrianadam wrote:Still want to know about kids under 5.

This is clearly spelled out in the Health and Safety Policy. The vaccination requirement only applies to those 5 and up.
Thank you! Didn't see that.

Posted by austicke ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:

Seconded. I'm more worried about just plain losing the original card.Also a question about verification from a smartphone: Does that include pictures you've taken of your card? Or are you talking just verification from a website or app? 

Huh? The policy says photos are acceptable (that includes on your phone).

Posted by mikeboozer spenecer

spenecer wrote:

Yes

Posted by mikeboozer austicke

austicke wrote:

A photocopy is a photo, which the policy says is acceptable, so it's hard to imagine it wouldn't be.

Yes a photo of your vaccination card is acceptable. We need visible evidence of your vaccination. If you have it through an app and we can see the name/dates of vaccination/ type and correct number of vaccination(s) that will work.

We will not be using any technology on our side to look up or read that information. So no QR codes we need to read or Clear.

Mike

Posted by lanogironu

It may sound obvious, but as much as possible it's probably a good idea for attendees to go for redundancy with vaccine cards where able. 
I'll be keeping my card, a recent photo, and digital CLEAR pass. It sounds like GenCon is being very lenient allowing just a regular photo but keeping multiple copies to be safe.

Posted by mikeboozer lanogironu

lanigironu wrote:
It may sound obvious, but as much as possible it's probably a good idea for attendees to go for redundancy with vaccine cards where able. 
I'll be keeping my card, a recent photo, and digital CLEAR pass. It sounds like GenCon is being very lenient allowing just a regular photo but keeping multiple copies to be safe.

I have my card in my wallet and a digital copy on my phone...I also have a nice tattoo of it on my palm...but I'm regretting that decision now...

Mike

Posted by toxic_rat

What would be really convenient if GenCon would just read the microchips that they implanted with the vaccine.  Just set up an RFID reader, and voila!

(And yes, I'm kidding about there being 'chips in the vaccine.)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 3 4 6 8 9 10
2 3 4 6 8 9 10