Gen Con Health and Safety policy clarifications
3 4 5 7 9 10 11
3 4 5 7 9 10 11
Posted by kevinrg

Will certificates that are done as illuminated manuscripts on parchment be acceptable?

I'd like someone to do that as a joke...   Pull out a scroll with it on.

Posted by kertdawg kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
Will certificates that are done as illuminated manuscripts on parchment be acceptable?
Thank you. Thank you so much. I now know how I'll spend my free time in July. 

Posted by brooks kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:

Simply awesome... thanks!

Posted by cman811

Are the wristbands like bar wristbands with one sticky end or more like hospital wristbands that have like a button thing?  I'm asking because I'm allergic to the glue some bar wristbands use. 

Posted by forar kertdawg

kertdawg wrote:
kevinrg wrote:
Thank you. Thank you so much. I now know how I'll spend my free time in July. 

So... do you have like an Etsy store I should look up, or are you not taking commissions at this time? >.>

Posted by mikeboozer cman811

cman811 wrote:
Are the wristbands like bar wristbands with one sticky end or more like hospital wristbands that have like a button thing?  I'm asking because I'm allergic to the glue some bar wristbands use. 

Unknown at this time. 

Posted by oldcurmudgeonstudios squirecam

squirecam wrote:
fethbone wrote:
joho wrote:
fethbone wrote:
The FAQ states if you pick up your badge at will-call, you must get a wristband first. If you get your badge mailed to you but stay in areas where mask and wristband are not required, is that any kind of issue? Essentially, if you are lobbycon-ing but actually buy a badge to be a good sport, will you be approached by a staff member asking how you have a badge but no wristband?
On that note, will staff members be on the lookout for actual lobbyconners or is this something that cannot be controlled by Gencon?
you will need to get a wristband to go to will call. 
Yes, that's exactly what I said. My questions are not regarding will-call.
wait…so the lines will first filter everyone through the wristband station? Because everyone who gets their badge by mail gets funneled to the same place as they also need a wristband.why not funnel the people with a badge to the wristband station and those without a badge to will call first? That way the lines are “halved” rather then everyone to the wristband station first.
Because you need to show you are vaccinated before receiving a badge. The Vax wristband is your gateway to getting that badge and tix.

Posted by donaldbain

I'm playing the Wings of Glory event whose location is:  Location: ICC : esclatators by 212 : areas 1 & 2 which is in the hallways.  What is the mask policy for this area? 

Posted by toxic_rat

Appears to be that wherever you need a badge, you'll need a wristband and mask.

Posted by lehane

Mike, I am getting concerned about Pain-Killer Addiction setting in. How much Advil/Alleve/Etc are we forcing you to churn through now?

Posted by quarex

I know different conventions are different conventions, but it took absolutely less than one minute to get my vaccine wristband at Origins and get into line to get my badge (which also took less than a minute, which is VERY surprising for Origins).  If you are actually ready with your vaccine information it should basically take no time at all to have it checked and get the wristband, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread too.

Posted by mikeboozer donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
I'm playing the Wings of Glory event whose location is:  Location: ICC : esclatators by 212 : areas 1 & 2 which is in the hallways.  What is the mask policy for this area? 

If you need a badge to be there...which you do. You need a mask and wrist band

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer lehane

lehane wrote:
Mike, I am getting concerned about Pain-Killer Addiction setting in. How much Advil/Alleve/Etc are we forcing you to churn through now?

I'm using my time a the CS Manager and Pokémon tournament judge at WotC plus my D&D group as a measuring stick and you guys are a walk in the park by comparison.

Plus it's much easier to ban you over a poor kid...or worse adult who is caught cheating in a Pokémon tournament. And...the rules for this have nothing on MtG rules.

Plus...most of you answer questions for me before I have to...especially the ones that I would really like to say something about but can't or need to bite my tongue on.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer brumcg

brumcg wrote:
Mike, how is the crush in front of the Exhibit Hall before it opens going to be handled regarding masking?  Thanks in advance.

Well, I mean you have to be masked to get in the exhibit hall...so put it on.

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer quarex

quarex wrote:
I know different conventions are different conventions, but it took absolutely less than one minute to get my vaccine wristband at Origins and get into line to get my badge (which also took less than a minute, which is VERY surprising for Origins).  If you are actually ready with your vaccine information it should basically take no time at all to have it checked and get the wristband, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread too.

Exactly, and for those of you who have been comparing the Will Call to vaccination check points as far as time goes it's an apple to oranges or Troll to Goblin comparison. 

It takes more time to get your packet, sometimes a lot more then it does to get your wrist band.

In both places though please for the love of my sanity have the required things available before you get to the front of the line. 

ID and Vaccination card for Vaccination line.

ID and email address for Will Call.

Thanks you. This has been a public service announcement and shameless plug for:  https://worldofchaldea.com/actoroke/

https://www.twitch.tv/GENCONTV

Where you can see me make a fool of myself as the DM for season 3

Was that off topic enough to censure myself?

Mike

Posted by mikeboozer mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
quarex wrote:

Exactly, and for those of you who have been comparing the Will Call to vaccination check points as far as time goes it's an apple to oranges or Troll to Goblin comparison. It takes more time to get your packet, sometimes a lot more then it does to get your wrist band.
In both places though please for the love of my sanity have the required things available before you get to the front of the line. 
ID and Vaccination card for Vaccination line.
ID and email address for Will Call.
Thanks you. This has been a public service announcement and shameless plug for:  https://worldofchaldea.com/actoroke/
https://www.twitch.tv/GENCONTV
Where you can see me make a fool of myself as the DM for season 3
Was that off topic enough to censure myself?
Mike

Hi Mike,

While technically Gen Con TV is part of Gen Con you are off topic and will please refrain from tying to get viewers to watch you DM Season 3 of Actoroke on Gen Con TV in which you are a rather good DM and are obviously having a lot of fun.

If not I will have to ban you.

Mike

Posted by kertdawg mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
lehane wrote:

I'm using my time a the CS Manager and Pokémon tournament judge at WotC plus my D&D group as a measuring stick and you guys are a walk in the park by comparison.Plus it's much easier to ban you over a poor kid...or worse adult who is caught cheating in a Pokémon tournament. And...the rules for this have nothing on MtG rules.
Please, please, please make a blog. This forum in general is a source of entertainment for many people. Your post just blew my mind! I would certainly read about your experiences.

P.S. A podcast would work equally well. 

Posted by donaldbain mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
donaldbain wrote:

If you need a badge to be there...which you do. You need a mask and wrist bandMike
Right, but since it's in a hallway, will the mask required space be enlarged or anything blocked off to limit access?

Posted by qwaserity mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
cman811 wrote:
Are the wristbands...?

Unknown at this time. 
I've mentioned it before: GameHoleCon in Madison, Wisconsin last October had these lovely stretchy bands that fit nicely around the wrist. Red text and the con logo on a nice solid black rubber strip.

Also, not only do some of us shower every morning (especially the five official days of GenCon), some of us can't sleep with a band wrapped around the wrist. I'll need four or five bands and I'll need them early so as to make my 8 am events on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

I know you'll figure out what you can and will do but when I'm considering the possibilities my first question usually is, "What have other people done?"

Posted by mikeboozer donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
donaldbain wrote:

If you need a badge to be there...which you do. You need a mask and wrist bandMike
Right, but since it's in a hallway, will the mask required space be enlarged or anything blocked off to limit access?

We will let you know when we are ready to.

Mike

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
3 4 5 7 9 10 11
3 4 5 7 9 10 11