Event Submission Timeline
Posted by handandy79

Good morning! Is there an event submission timeline? Namely, when to expect an acceptance/rejection on events submitted early? Thank you for your help! Have a great day.

Posted by nscott

Just my observations...things tend to drag until the big companies like FFG finally commit to what their needs are for space in the gaming halls. As an independent GM with just 3 or 4 events submitted, I don’t expect to see much happening until 10 days or so before the events list goes live. You will see a flurry of activity as your description gets edited for brevity...ands to & and such. Then a 2 or 3  days before things are released you’ll see the final approval. Never had anything rejected that was submitted on time.

Posted by roundtop

and then everyone gripes when the events list goes live and the Magic events aren't listed, because the company that runs the magic games never gets the submission in ahead of deadline. (Prove me wrong)

Posted by handandy79 nscott

nscott wrote:
Just my observations...things tend to drag until the big companies like FFG finally commit to what their needs are for space in the gaming halls. As an independent GM with just 3 or 4 events submitted, I don’t expect to see much happening until 10 days or so before the events list goes live. You will see a flurry of activity as your description gets edited for brevity...ands to & and such. Then a 2 or 3  days before things are released you’ll see the final approval. Never had anything rejected that was submitted on time.
Thank you for your thoughts. Is there a benefit to early submission?

Posted by dblade

Maybe early submission ensures that your events are reviewed in a timely fashion.

Side Note: Just had my events accepted for consideration, reviewed, and edited. Had to write back to essentially change the descriptions back to their original text. One of the benefits to early submission is getting corrections made early without the stress of a looming deadline.

Posted by handandy79 dblade

dblade wrote:
Maybe early submission ensures that your events are reviewed in a timely fashion.
Side Note: Just had my events accepted for consideration, reviewed, and edited. Had to write back to essentially change the descriptions back to their original text. One of the benefits to early submission is getting corrections made early without the stress of a looming deadline.
Good point. Ive never submitted events before so I don't really know what to expect.

Posted by catlin

I generally try to get my stuff in around the opening date back in January. It gives the folks reviewing plenty of time to do their job without as much stress. On our end it doesn't make that much difference that I have seen but it really helps the convention organizers. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.