EO/GM Email: Early Event Submission Deadline is Monday, Feb 8
Posted by derekguder

If you aren't getting these via email, make sure to sign up.

Early Event Submission Deadline is Monday, February 8

Early event submission closes Monday, February 8, so make sure to get your full event schedules in this weekend to be included in the first round of event placement.

Remember, events submitted during the early window are reviewed and placed before events in the general submission period, so they get first pick of available space. If your events have any special requirements, make sure to get them in now.

If you have any questions regarding the submission process, please let us know via [email protected] or the GM forum.

Regular Event Submission Deadline is March 14
The deadline for general event submission is March 14. If you want to make sure your event is reviewed and placed in time to be included when event registration opens up to attendees in May or to be considered for the program guide, make sure all of your details are finalized before this deadline.

More information on the event submission timeline and major dates can be found on the Host page.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by talandra

This is my first time submitting an event, when might we find out if it has been accepted?  I've submitted mine under workshops.

Will we know before the regular submission due date has past? Or is the review only after everything has been submitted and the early deadline only effects placement/time if it is accepted?

Thanks for all your hard work :-) You guys put on a major and grand production!

Posted by derekguder

It really varies - it's hard to give an exact timeline.

At the latest, events submitted on time might not get confirmation until April, but so far we're a bit ahead of schedule from previous years, so you should get confirmation earlier than that.

If you need to check on the status of your event, you can email the game ID to [email protected], but ultimately if it's still Submitted for Review, we simply haven't had a chance to get to it yet.

Thanks,

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by brotherbock

Just curious, Derek--never had it happen to me or anyone I know, but would you have a ballpark estimate of what percent of submitted events get rejected? And, if you can, what would be some sample reasons why events would be rejected?

Just curious, as I say, never happened to anyone I've ever talked to.

I just assume that people are generally knowing what they're doing, but I can also imagine someone submitting a two-player sixteen hour civil war mini battle and requesting an entire ballroom for it.

Posted by derekguder

It's extraordinarily rare for an event to be rejected. It really only happens for blatant violations of our policies or refusal to follow basic directions on updating events to bring them in line with what we need. I'd say maybe a couple events at year, at most.

It's far more likely for events to be returned for correction because they are incomplete, incorrect, or (rarely) we can't accommodate them at the time requested, and in those cases they can be updated and resubmitted. Whenever possible, we just make edits directly to an event to squeeze it in, though, and the event organizer can let us know if that's an issue.

Thanks,

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by brotherbock

Cool, thanks for the info. All that was my impression, all these years and never having heard of a rejected one.

Justifies my optimism in humanity :)

Posted by derekguder

Not sure if we could say that has any broader reflrection on humanity, to be honest :)

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by brotherbock

Well...in as much as you're not getting 'game' proposals involving criminal activity or literal orgies, I think that's a plus.

I will say I've contemplated trying to run a Ben Hur LARP by hiring out a bunch of the horse-drawn carts in downtown Indy, and I'm not sure that would get the green light.

Posted by derekguder

You clear it with the city and we'll see about setting that up around the Circle :)

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by parody derekguder

derekguder wrote:
You clear it with the city and we'll see about setting that up around the Circle :)

How about 1:1 Car Wars at the Speedway? ;)

Posted by brotherbock derekguder

derekguder wrote:
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Dude, I would love to. Ticket cost would be, what, a couple hundred per player?

I was thinking more of a bandit sort of game, playing among the muggles on the street. But maybe the ped mall where the food trucks sit would be a more enclosed place. I think our GMs would need segways either way.

Oh man!

Posted by rbree

derekguder wrote:

Derek Guder 
Event Manager 
Gen Con LLC

Dude, I would love to. Ticket cost would be, what, a couple hundred per player? I was thinking more of a bandit sort of game, playing among the muggles on the street. But maybe the ped mall where the food trucks sit would be a more enclosed place. I think our GMs would need segways either way.Oh man!

WHat if we a got a couple dozen of these a big room in the ICC  http://laughingsquid.com/the-nerf-battle-racer-by-hauck-toys-is-a-pedal-powered-go-kart-that-stores-nerf-weaponry/   It's not 1 to 1 but it sure would be fun.    Wonder if we could get Nerf to Sponser it.   Maybe even set a record for the world largest Nerf gun fight.

Posted by brotherbock rbree

rbree wrote:
 derekguder wrote:

Derek Guder 
Event Manager 
Gen Con LLC

Dude, I would love to. Ticket cost would be, what, a couple hundred per player? I was thinking more of a bandit sort of game, playing among the muggles on the street. But maybe the ped mall where the food trucks sit would be a more enclosed place. I think our GMs would need segways either way.Oh man!WHat if we a got a couple dozen of these a big room in the ICC  http://laughingsquid.com/the-nerf-battle-racer-by-hauck-toys-is-a-pedal-powered-go-kart-that-stores-nerf-weaponry/   It's not 1 to 1 but it sure would be fun.    Wonder if we could get Nerf to Sponser it.   Maybe even set a record for the world largest Nerf gun fight.

8|

Love it.

Posted by chmorglib derekguder

derekguder wrote:
It really varies - it's hard to give an exact timeline.
At the latest, events submitted on time might not get confirmation until April, but so far we're a bit ahead of schedule from previous years, so you should get confirmation earlier than that.
If you need to check on the status of your event, you can email the game ID to [email protected], but ultimately if it's still Submitted for Review, we simply haven't had a chance to get to it yet.
Thanks,
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC
What if I don't remember my game ID?  I just checked my junk mail, too, to see if maybe I missed something.  This is my first time leading an activity.  I do understand that given the amount of submissions it will take a great deal of time to sort everything out and get back to us about our events.  FYI - I hope to lead a group of interested persons to the Indiana State Library for a (SPA) genealogy dept. tour.  They are already in agreement to work with me on this.  I am just a tiny bit anxious to know if it is accepted or not so I can start getting folders and other genealogy related things together.

Janice

Posted by weidster

You should be able to check your EO/GM Dashboard to get the game ID's.  After signing in, there is a link to the dashboard on the left side of the page under Discover Gen Con.

Ryan

Posted by derekguder

You can also check your email confirmations, and the EO/GM Dashboard link is always in the Host menu at the top of the page.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.