Demographics by State
Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

Buckinghamshire here!

Posted by garhkal

So, based on the replies, we have 7 each from Michigan and Maryland, 2 from ohio, 5 from NY, 1 from Mass and 1 from CA..  And one from the UK...

Will gencon release a rundown on these sorts of demographics info AFTER gencon's done??

Posted by aquabunny

My husband and I are coming from the east side of Indy; I know of at least five other Indianapolis people who're coming, as well as one from Nebraska and one (maybe two) from Idaho.

Biggleswade?

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? garhkal

garhkal wrote:
Will gencon release a rundown on these sorts of demographics info AFTER gencon's done??

I don't think so, no. Don't think they've done it in previous years.

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? loon

loon wrote:
Biggleswade?

Aylesbury - Off to the west & south a bit.

it can be fun to run away wrote:
[/forums/9-event-organizers-gms/topics/7415-demographics-by-state?page=2#38430ined] garhkal wrote:[/url]

I don't think so, no. Don't think they've done it in previous years.

Pity, imo it would be a Great thing to see..  A pie chart, or something of the like, showing where all our attendees are coming from..

Posted by braewe

I'd like to see that too.  But then I think we all would...probably including anyone thinking of starting another convention so I can see why they wouldn't share that. Ooohhh soooo of the sixty thousand attendees ten thousand come from Pennsylvania? WELL LET'S START A CONVENTION THERE!

Posted by derekguder

I'm not sure if we'll be sharing anything directly (though I know we do have something for sponsors and exhibitors with some of that info), but it's not because we don't want someone starting up another convention.

The more healthy, well-run conventions there are out there, the better. It's like movies - when people make good movies, it just makes people want to go to the movies more.

I, for one, would love to see a bunch of ~10,000 person tabletop gaming conventions start up within a couple states of Indy.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by andrewj.rager

So I didn't realize I posted in this a long time ago.. never mind this post. lol

Posted by mvotruba glory

glory wrote:
derekguder wrote:
I do not believe we've published anything like that, though there may be some details in the exhibitor or marketing packet.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

I'm a cartographer! If you'd like some fun infographic type maps about the demographic/state breakdown, feel free to message me! I'd love to make some "fun" maps for you all!
+1

I would like to see this, too.  I wonder if some survey monkey (or whatever) could be done to generate some general information on attendees.  Perhaps if the information was broad enough to not be too personal, yet be able to paint a picture of the attendees demographics.

Oh, and another Californian here.

Posted by garhkal

Yea..  Even if it was just a "This many from These states, This many from overseas, and the like" it would still give a great idea of where the bigger concentration of gamers are..

New Post Sign in to write a new post.