Hampton Inn Downtown
Posted by joedescow

This will be our first stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown (Meridian Street).  Does anyone know if they offer the free hot breakfast during GenCon?  If so, is it any good (at least edible)?  Any chance they have Keurigs in the rooms or lobby?  (Doesn't look like it from the photos on the website).  Also, are there spaces to set up and play games?  Any other tips for a first-timer?

Posted by mundane

I last stayed there in 2017. They have standard business hotel breakfast: scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, pastries, etc.  nothing fancy but edible. Don’t drink coffee so can’t help there. 

Posted by quarex

I remember it being the most challenging to get coffee there of any Hampton Inn I have stayed at, though I DO think it is possible, just maybe in an out-of-the-way area?

But yeah I stayed there last year for Gen-Con because they forgot to enable convention pricing so I got a weekly rate and felt like a king; it was not my favorite hotel since it was a couple of blocks away, but the staff is as good as the Embassy Suites' staff and everything is comfortable and pleasant and they definitely had free breakfast last year during the convention.  Minimal lobby space unfortunately, but you could probably take one of the couple of tables for gaming.

Posted by joedescow mundane

mundane wrote:
I last stayed there in 2017. They have standard business hotel breakfast: scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, pastries, etc.  nothing fancy but edible. Don’t drink coffee so can’t help there. 
Thank you for the reply!

Posted by joedescow quarex

quarex wrote:
I remember it being the most challenging to get coffee there of any Hampton Inn I have stayed at, though I DO think it is possible, just maybe in an out-of-the-way area?
But yeah I stayed there last year for Gen-Con because they forgot to enable convention pricing so I got a weekly rate and felt like a king; it was not my favorite hotel since it was a couple of blocks away, but the staff is as good as the Embassy Suites' staff and everything is comfortable and pleasant and they definitely had free breakfast last year during the convention.  Minimal lobby space unfortunately, but you could probably take one of the couple of tables for gaming.
Thank you for the reply!  Ugh on the coffee situation, I might have to find a way to pack my mini coffee maker.  I'm really glad to hear that the staff is good - always makes for a more pleasant stay.

Posted by bigfathairyguy

It has a coffee maker in the room. You can get more packets for your room by asking the front desk or room keeping.

Posted by quarex

Sorry, I definitely should have remembered that; I brought, like, enough snacks and drinks to feed a dozen people for a week last year, so I probably did not even think to check the room for a coffeemaker.  Or maybe I did see it and that was why something in my mind was telling me there was a way to get coffee :)

Posted by joedescow

Good to know about the extra coffee packets! And we'll definitely be loading up on snacks/drinks :)
Thanks so much for your replies!

Posted by heleend

Keep an eye out for the cookies at the front desk. Yum!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.