How long does badge pickup take and when does it open?
Posted by ytuni

Funny story....the last time I did Will Call my group inadvertently skipped line right to the front. The line was not well managed that year (2012/2013?) and they didn't seem to be sending people into the roped off area. We just walked right up to the ropes, went in, got our stuff and left. Granted we came in from the mall and didn't see the long line until afterwards.... I still feel a little bad about this actually. Hopefully they'll be managing the line better and everyone can get through quickly. 

Posted by garhkal

For your affront, you shall have to write on the board, "I shall not skip the line" 100 times..  With a wet noodle!

Posted by davidsmet

I bought 2 other friends badges with my account,  will i be able to get all of them at willcall ?   I have their #'s.

Posted by davidsmet

When does auction drop off start ?

Posted by austicke davidsmet

davidsmet wrote:I bought 2 other friends badges with my account,  will i be able to get all of them at willcall ?

No, unless they're children. They'll need to retrieve their badges themselves. ID required.

Posted by austicke davidsmet

davidsmet wrote:When does auction drop off start ?

Noon on Wednesday. Must pre-register online.

Posted by brion

I have done will call 5 of my 6 years attending--and will be doing so again this year. If you're going later at night like my group (11pm - 12am) it is usually a 5-10 minute wait.

My first year, I was a true noobie and tried to show up at 8am on Thursday... it was over an hour. And the attendance that year (2011) was just over half of what it was last year.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

After taking a stroll to the convention center yesterday, I realized this may not be as viable as I thought.  It takes 15 minutes to walk there and 15 back. 

On the other hand, people do tend to disappear for long stretches at a time without anyone noticing.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

Ok so I started my stop watch when I got into line.  The line was probably about 300 people deep and it took about 15 minutes.  With travel time between the office and the convention center, I got back just under the wire and fit it within the hour.

Posted by braewe

The lines went ridiculously fast. Ten minutes tops. The line to buy gen con merchandise was considerably longer in time.

Kudos to the gen con team for will call.

Posted by llenlleawg

Right now (3 pm Wed), the line was less that 5 minutes (much less), and for the moment there are plenty of programs and coupon books. C'mon in, the water's fine!

Posted by lmengsol

I should have started a new thread- Best Gen Con registration ever! Seiously folks 5 minutes in and out. 'Nuff said.

Posted by ad3037

This year is awesome. Went after lunch at Scotty's around 2pm and waited about three minutes total.

Posted by rhone1

Got my badge around 5:00 PM. The wait was about 5 mins.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.