Exhibit Hall?
Posted by brumcg

I'm assuming the plan is to have an Exhibit Hall?  I didn't see it mentioned specifically...

Posted by davidschneider brumcg

brumcg wrote:
I'm assuming the plan is to have an Exhibit Hall?  I didn't see it mentioned specifically...
I hope. I hope. I hope. 

Posted by brumcg

On Twitter, it was confirmed there will be an Exhibit Hall.  Whew!

Posted by mikeboozer

Yes, there will be an Exhibit hall.

Mike

Posted by lore seeker mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Yes, there will be an Exhibit hall.
Mike

Woohoo!

Posted by mikeptas

Awesome.

Posted by al_kesselring

Well, of course the exhibit hall will be there.  It's not like their going to have a major construction to rip out the exhibit hall......................the real question is, will there be actual vendors selling products in the exhibit hall, and will there be "as many vendors" there as during a normal Gencon?  I'm guessing there will be a reduction in the number of vendors, but like the movie Field Of Dreams, if you make Gencon, they will come. 

I've had my first Covid-19 shot, and I'll have my follow up second one sometime in April.  So, I'll be good to attend.  

Next on my list, update my hotel dates tomorrow................................

Posted by sirrogue

Any idea when/if we will get a sense of who and how many of the usual vendors and game hosts will still be in attendance? I'm keen to go, because, GenCon, but we'd be silly to assume everything will be just like any other GenCon. I'd hate to pass the deadline for refunds/rollovers, intending to go, only to find out all of my usual favorites aren't hosting games this year.

Posted by garhkal

One thing i heard elsewhere someone mentioned in regards to the EH, was a rumor he heard, that attendees may get limited to ONE Timed pass through the hall..

Is that true, and if so , how would it be checked/vetted?

Posted by traveller garhkal

garhkal wrote:
One thing i heard elsewhere someone mentioned in regards to the EH, was a rumor he heard, that attendees may get limited to ONE Timed pass through the hall..

So I think this quote sums this comment up.

Lord Dark Helmet: Lone Starr, I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Starr Space Bum: What does that make us?
Lord Dark Helmet: Absolutely Nothing!

Please refrain from making wildly inflammatory statements without citing sources.  In this case the only source of information about what specific policies that Gencon is enacting would come from Gencon directly (this site). 

Have a nice day. 

Posted by thesuperskrull traveller

traveller wrote:
garhkal wrote:

So I think this quote sums this comment up.Lord Dark Helmet: Lone Starr, I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Starr Space Bum: What does that make us?
Lord Dark Helmet: Absolutely Nothing!
Please refrain from making wildly inflammatory statements without citing sources.  In this case the only source of information about what specific policies that Gencon is enacting would come from Gencon directly (this site). 
Have a nice day. 

He didn't get it from my post. He got it here: Gencon/Origins 2021 (battletech.com) Like me, he's trying to ask a rational question. Presumably, like me, he's also hoping for an actual answer and not some other forum goer telling him to shut up and go away. 

Posted by traveller

So I looked at the link you had.  So someone says he got an email (from an unknown source and someone else commented that they heard it from a person they go to the con with, but no actual reference to the actual source.

So my issue is that i reject the premise of the question. You are speculating on a rumor someone on a forum posted they heard from an email they got from someone and supported by someone who heard it from someone they know.....

None of it from Gencon who have repeatedly said they will follow CDC, Federal, State and local heath experts recommendations. 

Posted by mikeboozer

Pure speculation based on no information here. No decisions have been made as has been pointed out by us on numerous occasions. We are way to far in advance of the convention to make any decisions about these sort of things.

Mike

Posted by knuteski

Feel free to do one-time passes "without" vaccine.  My first shot is tomorrow so I hope to be restricted as little as possible.  I spent the last 12 months indoors and I'm ready to bust out.

(Editiorial Comment:  Knuteski works from home and his assistant reminds him that every time he leaves the house, something goes wrong.  So to be fair, he would only have gone out the equivalent of one month had their not been a pandemic).

Posted by thesuperskrull traveller

traveller wrote:
So I looked at the link you had.  So someone says he got an email (from an unknown source and someone else commented that they heard it from a person they go to the con with, but no actual reference to the actual source.
So my issue is that i reject the premise of the question. You are speculating on a rumor someone on a forum posted they heard from an email they got from someone and supported by someone who heard it from someone they know.....
None of it from Gencon who have repeatedly said they will follow CDC, Federal, State and local heath experts recommendations. 

Are you just trying to be confrontational? I spelled out quite plainly that I believed it to be a rumor and was trying to verify that in case I had missed something. I asked a fairly straightforward question. Is that not allowed? Can you point out where that is the policy? If it is, I would like to know for the future so I don't waste my time with any questions on this forum. You were under no obligation to add your opinion. So near as I can tell, your entire point for doing so was to get your dopamine hit for powning some rando on a forum. You are not being helpful to anyone. Responses like yours are an active detriment to anyone who doesn't live on this forum who stops in occasionally to look for information. 

Mike, I appreciate that you gave a real answer here and in the other thread. Thank you for verifying that it is just a rumor. That was all I was asking. 

Posted by mikeboozer thesuperskrull

thesuperskrull wrote:
traveller wrote:

Are you just trying to be confrontational? I spelled out quite plainly that I believed it to be a rumor and was trying to verify that in case I had missed something. I asked a fairly straightforward question. Is that not allowed? Can you point out where that is the policy? If it is, I would like to know for the future so I don't waste my time with any questions on this forum. You were under no obligation to add your opinion. So near as I can tell, your entire point for doing so was to get your dopamine hit for powning some rando on a forum. You are not being helpful to anyone. Responses like yours are an active detriment to anyone who doesn't live on this forum who stops in occasionally to look for information. Mike, I appreciate that you gave a real answer here and in the other thread. Thank you for verifying that it is just a rumor. That was all I was asking. 

You're welcome. 

Let's roll it back here folks. It's okay to ask about it. I don't want to get into a snipe war here. 

You should remember that any information about what we are doing in spaces is going to come from us, and not soon.

We are 5 almost 6 months out from the convention we don't know what it's going to look like. There are too many unknown factors.

Mike

Posted by garhkal mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Pure speculation based on no information here. No decisions have been made as has been pointed out by us on numerous occasions. We are way to far in advance of the convention to make any decisions about these sort of things.
Mike

Hence why i asked "Is it true"?   All you needed to say was "NO its not".

Posted by kevinrg

Anyone heard any vendors that have made definite commitments to be at (or not be at) Gencon this year?    In the kickstarter update this morning, Kingdom Death Monster will not be at Gencon in 2021.

Didn't know if anyone else has heard of any vendors committing one way or another on various feeds.

Posted by felwred

Most of us plan the times we go to the exhibit hall. Why not just have it be a zero cost ticketed 1 hr event? Yes, some people will go longer, others will miss the slot they picked up a ticket for. Limit ticket purchases to some set number of tickets (like 3) per person. 

That would seem to create a way to avoid lines and control the number of people in the vendor hall at one time.

Fred

Posted by brumcg

I did a sweep of RPG exhibitors from 2019 after the new dates were announced.  Only Indie Press Revolution listed the new dates with a note that they would be there as long as it was safe to be there.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3