Forum Stink?
Posted by quarex

And here I thought it was cancelled because such events would not be allowed this year, not because the Indy Mavens just decided not to do it this year.

Knowing the Stink is returning next year, though, I do not see a way to create an event for this year without setting up a nerd blood feud for 2022 and ever onward.  Nominally we would be drawing a different crowd, but realistically most people would just see competition for competition's sake.  And for as much as I would love a Wednesday event I would actually attend, I would not initiate a rivalry to create one.

The only way I could imagine a new event working is if it were at a different time, and likely had a different goal, but it certainly seems to me it would literally just be "the pre-con gathering for people who find the other gathering's name insulting," unless I am missing something, haha.

Posted by austicke quarex

quarex wrote:And here I thought it was cancelled because such events would not be allowed this year, not because the Indy Mavens just decided not to do it this year.

Your original assumption was correct.

Posted by quarex

Oh, then we could not run an alternate event anyway this year, so I guess that takes care of that idea, haha.

Posted by austicke

The block party is still happening on Wednesday night, so there will be an outdoor gathering.

Posted by aaronmlopez austicke

austicke wrote:
aaronmlopez wrote:Actually, Austicke is the one who started The Stink (or, at least runs the Fans of Gen Con FB page that is responsible for it).

No, that’s not correct. While I love the Stink (including its name), and the Fans of Facebook group has been a proud participant, I did not start the event and do not run it. The Indy Mavens are responsible._____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

And all this time I was giving you the credit... (Well, it's a fun time, so I'm not TOTALLY sorry for the mistake.. lol!)

Posted by austrianoak austicke

austicke wrote:
The block party is still happening on Wednesday night, so there will be an outdoor gathering.
Hi, any news or links on the block party yet? thx!

Posted by msteele583

Is Stink still coming back at GENCON 2022?  I didn't see it in the Events listing.  

Posted by austicke msteele583

msteele583 wrote:Is Stink still coming back at GENCON 2022?  I didn't see it in the Events listing.  

Yes. Wednesday events are not yet added.

Posted by marimaccadmin

There will be a Wednesday block party, and there will be a Stink; those are both Wednesday events, and we do not work on Wednesday events, which are somewhat unofficial events, until we get done with on time submitted events for Thursday-Sunday; sometimes we can get to those before event reg goes live, but not always.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.