Ghosting
2 3 4 6
2 3 4 6
Posted by gharris stiehle

stiehle wrote:
gharris wrote:Lets nip this ghosting nonsense in the bud.

Now I can't get this image out of my head...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj6B4DtNyM

That could be my next Paladunce character!

Posted by garhkal maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
garhkal wrote:
gharris wrote:
This year will already be way overpopulated. We have already seen the effects of population bloat for housing, next month we get to see the effects on food truck lines, restaurant lines, parking, getting through the exhibit hall, and so on. We don't need more people who aren't supposed to be there are showing up. I am all for enforcing wearing badges in all areas of Gen Con, including areas in surrounding hotels contracted for use by Gen Con.
Lets nip this ghosting nonsense in the bud.

Cause of that food truck/restaurant issue, i am seriously considering just buying a loaf of bread (or two), some Ham/turkey and cheese slices and making my meals in the morning before heading over...
A few years back I roomed with some people that did exactly that, brought a cooler full of cold cuts,cheese, bread and tupperware with food in it and that was their meals for the Con. They had no problems, except they really needed a mini fridge. Heck hit Walmart on the way in and you could feed yourself for all 4 days for the price of a couple of meals at the food trucks.

That's exactly what i did last year.  Bought some of those Tuna and cracker pack, some pop tarts and a bag of pretzels..  Only had ONE 'good meal' and that was Wednesday evening at the Indian Restaurant right across from the Crown plaza by the train station..

Posted by leswhittaker

Do you want the convention center staff to start cracking down on "sneaking" in some food/snackage?  Because this part of the thread is how you get the convention center staff to start cracking down.

Posted by stiehle gharris

gharris wrote:
stiehle wrote:
gharris wrote:Lets nip this ghosting nonsense in the bud.

Now I can't get this image out of my head...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj6B4DtNyM

That could be my next Paladunce character!

Great, now I'm imagining Barney Fife in platemail armor trying to wield a longsword and shield.  Pretty sure he'd wind up taking off Opie's head somehow and seeking penance for that accidental act of manslaughter.

Posted by armadilloal leswhittaker

leswhittaker wrote:
Do you want the convention center staff to start cracking down on "sneaking" in some food/snackage?  Because this part of the thread is how you get the convention center staff to start cracking down.

They didn't say they were bringing the food *in* to the convention center.  Clearly it's all staying in the hotel room.

Posted by garhkal

Yea...  That's what i meant.

Posted by nascragman

Somehow I can't imagine the security staff searching bags for contraband granola bars.  not with 75k people to manage

Posted by trace_sl

"Reminder: All Players Need a Valid Badge"

From an email sent to Gen Con GMs:

"Remember, all players need a valid badge for the day any event is happening in order to participate in it. This is going to be particularly important this year since we are sold out of 4-day and Saturday badges (and Sunday looks like it will sell out soon, too)....

"Our security will be patrolling around, checking on events - just like normal. If players are found without badges (or we can't clearly see them), they will be required to present a badge or leave the event, causing a disruption.

To avoid that and keep the focus on the game, just make sure everyone has a badge and it's out while they're playing."This also applies to GMs and event staff: everyone needs a valid badge at Gen Con, without exception."If you have any questions or concerns about this, or notice anyone abusing the policy, let us know - just stop by an HQ or walk up to any of our event staff."

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 3 4 6