How many Gencon's?
Posted by truelink

This will be my fourth in a row and overall.

Posted by bushmaster

This will be my first in a row.

Posted by lisakrich drea2go

drea2go wrote:
Zero for me....looking forward to going to my first one!
Ditto!

Posted by garhkal

17th for me..  2 i have missed since 98 due to deployments...

Posted by jerrytel

this will be my 17th, attended first in 1994

Posted by slbyron

Every one since 1994

Posted by austicke

I'm a newbie. This year will be my 15th Gen Con.

Posted by stevespikes

I've attended every Gen Con since the move to Indianapolis, save one.
(2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, . . . )

Posted by robertarnold

21st for me!

Posted by noone

Since 93 but missed two years so 22nd for me

Posted by ryric

This will be my 22nd one as well. All consecutive.

Posted by braewe

14th for me. I think? Maybe 13. Something like that. 

Posted by lmengsol brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
rutherfordr wrote:
This will be my 39th consecutive GenCon.
First one was GenCon XI, at the University of Wisconsin - Parkside, in 1978.

My first was the last Parkside. That makes Mecca still the magical 'back in the day' place for me. It still felt like a small Con then. Flyers for events tacked up on bulletin boards, pegboard of event tickets. Sniff Sniff. :(
Those are great memories! Looking forward to my 38th Gen Con...I boycotted a year when they moved to Indy.

Posted by brotherbock lmengsol

lmengsol wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
rutherfordr wrote:
This will be my 39th consecutive GenCon.
First one was GenCon XI, at the University of Wisconsin - Parkside, in 1978.

My first was the last Parkside. That makes Mecca still the magical 'back in the day' place for me. It still felt like a small Con then. Flyers for events tacked up on bulletin boards, pegboard of event tickets. Sniff Sniff. :(
Those are great memories! Looking forward to my 38th Gen Con...I boycotted a year when they moved to Indy.

I used to live 45 min from Milwaukee, but I'd moved out of state by the time it moved to Indy. So it wasn't a big deal for me. The only thing I did was book a hotel in Indy a half year even before the last Milwaukee Con. Hotel space back then was as bad, maybe worse, than it is now in Indy. 

Posted by kaledor

1976 was my first GENCON IX... We did go in 1975 for 1/2 day but I honestly do not remember going. :(

Stayed with my grand parents in Madison, WI every summer.

Posted by njseahawksfan

This will be my 6th in a row.

Posted by trace_sl

not really sure, think it is close to 20 but not sure.  Started in 85, when it started in Milwaukee, went for 5 straight, the skipped a couple then it was hit and miss for a few years, would go to 2 then miss a year or two, then back again.  Been to 7 in Indy.

Posted by brotherbock kaledor

kaledor wrote:
1976 was my first GENCON IX... We did go in 1975 for 1/2 day but I honestly do not remember going. :(

Housing is bad now. I even checked with your grandparents for this year. Booked. :) 

So has it been every year since 76 then? 

Posted by kaledor brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
kaledor wrote:

Housing is bad now. I even checked with your grandparents for this year. Booked. :) So has it been every year since 76 then? 
We stay in the JW Marriott every year - VIG member.

No it was not every year since 1976, I joined the military and missed a lot of years due to service. I went ever year from 1975 - 1984 then from 1984 - 2004 I did attend GENCON 13 times, only missed out on GENCON when I was overseas in the military.

Posted by brotherbock kaledor

kaledor wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
kaledor wrote:

Housing is bad now. I even checked with your grandparents for this year. Booked. :) So has it been every year since 76 then? 
We stay in the JW Marriott every year - VIG member.No it was not every year since 1976, I joined the military and missed a lot of years due to service. I went ever year from 1975 - 1984 then from 1984 - 2004 I did attend GENCON 13 times, only missed out on GENCON when I was overseas in the military.

Thanks for serving. 

I've never been able to afford VIG, so it's into the housing scrum with all the rest. I treat it like a pre-con larp. My character goals are to get a good hotel room. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
2 4 5