First Exhibition Hall stop?
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5
Posted by dynel

Just wondering what everyone's first stop will be once the Exhibition Hall opens Thursday morning?  

I guess mine will be the Paizo booth for Starfinder.  I'm not worried that it'll sell out, but I'll be with a friend that really wants to stop there first, so we'll probably go in the door closest to the Paizo booth and pick it up.  I might be convinced to hit another booth first, if something gets announced that I want more than Starfinder (like Genesys, for example...).

So...what's going to be your first stop?

Posted by trace_sl

Mine is R. Talsorian Games, don't know if it is going to be released at Gen Con, have not heard but I am hoping that The Witcher pnp is out.  Then it will be over to the Paizo Booth for Starfinder. 

Posted by soulcatcher78

Lamentations of the Flame Princess for Veins of the Earth (and picking up some Kickstarter books).  Maybe get a Blood in the Chocolate while I'm there also.

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

Probably commemorative dice; I've got a dice set from every Gen Con I've been to

Posted by andrewj.rager

I doubt it will be the very first thing I do, but I plan on finding a dice tower on Thursday so I can use it on Friday for Dice Masters.

Posted by dynel trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:
Mine is R. Talsorian Games, don't know if it is going to be released at Gen Con, have not heard but I am hoping that The Witcher pnp is out.  Then it will be over to the Paizo Booth for Starfinder. 

I was kind of hoping for The Witcher, too.

Posted by brumcg trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:

This will likely be my second stop although I'd bet heavily against Witcher RPG being available.  Hopefully a preview?

Junk Spirit Games will likely be my first to look at By Order of the Queen - a co-op board game.  My first stops are in the back right corner of the hall as I try to acclimate to the crowds.  My decision is more location based than booth based.

Posted by kevinj4

The three things I'm (currently) excited about is the new Starfinder Game from Paizo, the new book from Malifaux (a tradition for me) and some goodies from Forge World. 

That being said, my favorite thing about GenCon is finding something I must have but didn't know about before I saw it.  Last year it was Arena Rex.  Who knows what this year will hold.

Posted by dynel kevinj4

kevinj4 wrote:That being said, my favorite thing about GenCon is finding something I must have but didn't know about before I saw it.  Last year it was Arena Rex.  Who knows what this year will hold.
I hear you.  I love finding an RPG or something cool that I wasn't expecting to find.   

Posted by nascragman

I'm going to have to make myself a map.  I need to wander to each of the booths of Nascrag's friends who give us prizes every year with my wagon.  I don't have a 2017 list yet, but last year it was:

• Dwarven Forge
  • Fat Dragon Games
  • Gaming Paper
  • Green Ronin
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Paizo
  • Campaign Coins
  • Atlas Games
  • Evil Hat
  • Gamer Concepts
  • Greater Than Games

And new friend this year, Pick Up and Go Games

Posted by ryric

Fantasy Flight for me. I want the new L5R and didn't get into the tournament that includes a set. Plus there are other releases there I'm interested in, and the line never really gets short so might as well go right away.

Posted by shyeyes19

We usually hit up the Corvus Belli booth first thing/real early, but we'll see if that gets trumped by Legends of the Five Rings or Starfinder this year. I actually kinda like the idea above of starting with more limited/Gen Con 50 specific stuff. If that sells out, you won't be getting it in a few months when it's fully released like some of the games, I suppose.

Posted by armadilloal

I, for a change, actually booked myself fairly solid for most of Thursday morning and afternoon, so I probably won't have time for much more than picking up the dice tin and checking out the dead CCG booths.  I never play them, but it's always fun to pick one up and flip through the cards.  

Posted by dautzen64

Green Ronin; getting Freedom City Third Edition for a friend.

Posted by brumcg dautzen64

davester1964 wrote:

Be sure to check to make sure it's going to be there.  Last I saw, they were still targeting Gen Con, but it's the only "Gen Con Release" that's not currently in pre-order.

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

Probably by the KenzerCo booth, if they still show up at Gencon.  They don't seem to be running any events this year.  The KODT live reading was my favorite part of Gencon 2003.

Posted by whisper721

For me it is always Catalyst Game Lab (I'm a Demo Agent).. Then Iron Wind Metals...  Then Dice... From there its a craps shoot.. Illl usually get a new X wing piece... shirt... etc.. then look around for something unique that I would not usually expect to find at home and will give me fond memories of this experience.  This year I am going to try to find a new battle mat for Magic... I wish they made a GENCON 50 mat

Posted by jedikitty whisper721

whisper721 wrote:
This year I am going to try to find a new battle mat for Magic... I wish they made a GENCON 50 mat

Don't play Magic so I don't know if there's a difference, but CoolStuffInc will be selling a Gen Con 50 playmat for $20 at their booth. :)

Posted by dynel brumcg

brumcg wrote:
davester1964 wrote:

Be sure to check to make sure it's going to be there.  Last I saw, they were still targeting Gen Con, but it's the only "Gen Con Release" that's not currently in pre-order.
The Green Ronin booth is one of my first stops, too, for Freedom City and Book of the Righteous.  I really both are there - I hope GR confirmed they were ready for the con before printing the flyer!

Posted by donaldbain

The booth that has board games cheap - front of the hall, black plastic shelves, Cool Stuff inc?

Then one end of the hall to other, up and down each row.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3 4 5
1 3 4 5